Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are you in the gym?

How long do you spend at the gym?

I just started at a new gym this week, it's right across the street from where I work and I plan on spending my lunch hour there everday then doing my pregnancy tape at home in the evenings.

It looks like this right now

Monday: cardio (Sept starting powerflex class)
    Tuesday: back/bis
    Wednesday: chest/tris
    Thursday: cardio (Sept starting water aerobics)
    Friday: legs/shoulders

I will be working out alone (get my best workout this way)

I'll be there about an hour and then head back to work.

Comment

I spen 1:15 to 1:30 by myself.

Comment

I haven't recieved it yet but I ordered the Kathy Smith tape off of Amazon. I should be getting it anyday now - I'll do that 3x week probably and that's if I'm lucky, chasing a one year old and working out isn't easy.

Comment

I usually try to do 45 mins of cardio and then 45 mins lifting. Tuesday is leg day though, and I'm in the gym for and hour, then Wednesday is my off day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood
            I usually try to do 45 mins of cardio and then 45 mins lifting. Tuesday is leg day though, and I'm in the gym for and hour, then Wednesday is my off day.
            Do you know about needing your glyocgen lvls up for lifting?

Comment

Say what? Educate me:)

Comment

Well everytime I try to explain stuff on boards it get's interpreted wrong. But you need them for guick recovery. And when you do more than a cardio warmup you deplete them way down. Some people prefer to workout your way. It's just not the best way IMO

Comment

Oh, Okay, gotcha;) I just like being lean, and cardio gets me exactly what I want, I could see slowing down on it if I were trying to compete, but I just do it for my health and well-being. Plus, I need lots of cardio to strengthen my knee up:) Thanks though shibbs, I guess you are good for something:p

Comment

Well you can just do the cardio afterwards. And since all your spare protiens and carbs are used up(which is what contributes to the quick recovery) all you will have left to burn is fat. That's when I suggest useing the cardio to get your heartrate into the fat burning zone.

Comment

I spend an hour to an hour and a half a day

Comment

fast 20 mins to an hr tops.

Comment

Yes I take the weekends off to spend with my family :)

I only do the pregnancy workout when I can - sometimes, like this week for example we are painting the bedroom so I have to watch Madi alone - no way I could work out and chase her at the same time.

I just really don't want to let myself go throughout the pregnancy - I worked really hard for a long time to look good and when I got preggo with Madi, I just stopped going, I was too nervous to lift freakin milk! I know I'm crazy, this time around, I've hefted tables, chairs, moved my bed, chased a one year old and so forth..I've learned that babies are tough little people, however you do need to take care of them.

Where I really need help is with my diet - I'm eating between 1700-2000 calories per day but I don't think I'm getting enough veggies in...I really need to sit down and straighten it out. Those pregnancy cravings are hard to ignore somtimes too, I just try to hold off until Sunday my cheat day to get anything :)

Comment

An hour for weights and usually about 20minutes for stretching or cardio.

Comment

an hour of cardio in the AM and about an hour of lifting in evening...

Comment

Working...
                              X