Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrylic nails...

Who else loves them?

My nails were thin and would break easilly but about 2 yrs. ago I started getting them done with an acrylic coating and I love it. They rarely break now. I get the pink and white now so it looks like a french manicure and am happiest with that...just a little clear polish and my nails always look good, no more chipped polish to worry about! I can usually go 3-4 weeks inbetween fills because I got a "Nail Genie" and can smooth down the fill line when it starts to grow out.

I do! I get a French manicure too. I have small hands so I think it makes my fingers look longer. I can't imagine not having my nails done but I have to go every 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Mrs. P- I get the same exact thing! We call it a back fill here. It's white powder on the tip, and pink on the nail bed. I LOVE IT! Have your nail lady try this- it almost turns out better than clear polish..... Have her dab some Solar Oil on each nail at the cuticle, then take a nail buffer and buff them out. They get sooo shiny and look great!

Comment

I get mine done every once in awhile, I have pretty strong nails though so don't really need them. I don't like them very long for the most part, maybe for special occasions and such but I keep them long enough to just go over the tips of my fingers and thats it, otherwise they get in my way

Comment

I love the look when I have them done, but I hate having to go for a fill every two weeks. I took mine off about a month ago, and I'm waiting for my real nails to grow back and see if I can keep them natural for a while, if not I'll go back to acrylics because they look so good!

I've heard they're not really good for your nails though because they don't allow the nail to breath. And it's easier to get infections. I did them for years though and never had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishgirl
            I love the look when I have them done, but I hate having to go for a fill every two weeks. I took mine off about a month ago, and I'm waiting for my real nails to grow back and see if I can keep them natural for a while, if not I'll go back to acrylics because they look so good!

I've heard they're not really good for your nails though because they don't allow the nail to breath. And it's easier to get infections. I did them for years though and never had any problems.
            That is true about the infections. But, if your nail tech properly sanitizes the tools they use, infections should be avoidable. Just make sure you choose a reputable salon.I knew someone that had an infection, and she had to take all of them off, and had to keep them real short for like 1 yr.

You do have to go every two weeks, but instead of a fill you can do a "file and polish". What they do is just file the ridge that has grown out, and polish. You can even do them at home if you get the right filing materials.

It usually takes about 6 months for your nails to get back to what they were before nails. There are supps you can put on them like Nailtique ( I think). Which is just a clear gloss that helps strengthen the nail.

Comment

Yeah I can see the ridge to where the last fill I got was. It's more than half way up the nail, maybe it's been longer than a month, I don't know. But I still bite them if I don't keep them nicely manicured, which is why I always go back to acrylics!

Comment

i have white tips and i love them :D

Comment

I had them, they are too high maintenance for me now. I would always chip or break them at the worst times. Im so glad not to have them now, they were also so expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                    You do have to go every two weeks, but instead of a fill you can do a "file and polish". What they do is just file the ridge that has grown out, and polish. You can even do them at home if you get the right filing materials.
                    I usually just do that myself with the nail genie after about 2 weeks. The girl I've been going to for the last year doesn't put the fill on very thick and she always gets the edge down pretty good so even when it's starting to grow out there's not much I have to do for touch ups. I also coat the underside of my nails with white and then clear, it's easier to keep them clean that way. I had my pinkey nail pierced but the charms kept getting stuck in the keyboard when I typed. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X