Watching TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching TV

Can any of you watch tv while your on the treadmill or whatever cardio equip you choose? We just recently got "Cardio Theatre" in my gym (our base won 500,00 for our gym). There are 15 TV's and they are all programmed into the cardio equipment,all you have to do is hook your headphones into the little box and watch whatever TV you want, anyways, I tried this and found that I didn't even hardly break a sweat! I focus on the tv too much and don't get a good workout, anyone else like that? SOme people I've talked to say they have a better workout because they aren't focused on it, but to me that doesn't make any sense. I like to visualize my body working and watching TV takes away from the intensity IMO.

I have watched TV before while running on the treadmill it seems like it cuts your time in half because you are focused on something other then running

Comment

For shizzle!! The time goes MUCH faster!

Comment

That confirms it, I'm the only one:p

Comment

On the rare occasion I actually do cardio...the tv would be too blurry to see well without my glasses and I don't wear them when I'm working out. Besides, I'm not much of a tv fan anyway...I much prefer listening to music.

Comment

I agree that watching tv makes the time go much faster. My old gym had the box you could plug your headphones into, this one I'm at now you have to turn to an FM station, and my mp3 player doesn't have fm, so I can't do both in the same session, so that kinda stinks.

Comment

i alos watching tv makes the time go by faster!!!!!!!! My gym has one tv but the one i used to go to had about 5.....

Comment

I agree watching tv makes the time go by faster... The gym i go to now has on tv and the i used to go to had about 5

Comment

I've gotten really good at running and reading the tv's... I don't know how i don't trip, but I've learned how not to.

Comment

Working...
                  X