So I think Im going to run a half..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I think Im going to run a half..

Well my bodybuilding friend has suggested that we train for the Manitoba Marathon that is in June. After her competition in March, she will be full on training for the 13.1 mile (21km) race that will be held on fathers day. She has challenged me to join her in the half marathon.

Has anyone done a marathon or ran any great distances before? I really like running, but it has been too cold out (-30) to run outside these days. So I am stuck running 4-5-6 miles on the tread. I want to run it, just to say that I did it, I FINISHED!! :)

Has anyone had any experience in running?

Marathon
    Last edited by Taleigh21; 01-29-04, 12:27 AM.

No experience for me, but my best friend is running in the Boston Marathon in April, so she's training right now. Since she's running 26.2, she said she's training up to 22 miles 3 weeks before the race, and then tapering it back down so her legs feel ok on race day. If you have any particular questions, I can email them to her. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry to pipe in here in the Womens only section but i can definetly help out.

I am an avid triathlete and compete in about 7-8 triathlons a year. Also in my training, i run in a couple half marathons and many 10k's

A fathers day race puts you at about 16 weeks out. PLENTY of time to get you totally prepared. Do you follow a schedule at all or just try to log miles on the treadmill? I believe a schedule is KEY. Here is a link to a good site that i have directed a few people to that is great.

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/

I hope this helps and wish you luck in your training.

Comment

I ran two half-marathons and two full marathons...any ?s just ask...and have fun!!

Comment

i ran a marathon last year. what do you want to know, i'd be happy to give any advice or tell you about my experience.

Comment

Working...
          X