Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend just got a call from the police.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I would like to see some more details on this, please refrain from bashing. Spidey has been a good bro here, and has provided a wealth of information at every board he posts at. Everyone take a deep breath and keep an open mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
      While I would like to see some more details on this, please refrain from bashing. Spidey has been a good bro here, and has provided a wealth of information at every board he posts at. Everyone take a deep breath and keep an open mind.
      Sounds like a plan bro!

BuyB12, this is the board that got this put on Elite. Thats why they're coming here refuting it.

Comment

Without even getting into the technical aspect of this nonsense story. Why on earth would a cop call someone asking why they were spending time on an internet board? For what purpose?

Comment

I can't help but wondering if your co-worker is trying to spook you as a joke, Spidey, knowing that you too spend time on EF.

Comment

Its not illegal to surf internet boards wether it be cannabis Or steroids, Tell the a-holes you were researching to do an article for a paper! Since this is a mute point!
            Now back to our regular program.

RADAR

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
              I can't help but wondering if your co-worker is trying to spook you as a joke, Spidey, knowing that you too spend time on EF.
              no shit. if they did get the IP address to YOU, then they would have had to talk to your employer. if it was actually the police, then your employer turned you in, but I bet it's just a joke.

Comment

If anything happened at all, which I doubt, perhaps the employer moniters the sites used by their employees, took issue with using company time and resources, saw that it was a steroid related site and contacted the police. Employers regularly moniter the sites the employees use.

Comment

Originally posted by muscledoc
                  If anything happened at all, which I doubt, perhaps the employer moniters the sites used by their employees, took issue with using company time and resources, saw that it was a steroid related site and contacted the police. Employers regularly moniter the sites the employees use.
                  I would be inclined to agree with this statement.

EF, along with every other major site has had its shake up over the yrs, because of some random incident, and because blame cant be placed solely on the person, society as a whole has to blame everything around them.

Now, Spidey is an upstanding guy, so to the EF folk that have come here to trash him, lay the fuck off, I dont doubt that he was told this, I doubt what he was told.

In closing, if they want you they will find you, on any site and anywhere. If you come to these places with the intent of using them for illegal purposes, then you will eventually have to deal with shit, and again if he is browsing at work, and if hes spending too much time on the puter, and away from his work, I wouldnt doubt his employers, took a good look into what he was doing, and had a chat as they see this as illegal activity anyway you slice it, when all it is in role playing and entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by LORDBLiTZ
                    The Canadian govt don't give a fuck about us, bro. Don't even worry.
                    Thanx for the info. Blitz.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
                      I would be inclined to agree with this statement.

EF, along with every other major site has had its shake up over the yrs, because of some random incident, and because blame cant be placed solely on the person, society as a whole has to blame everything around them.

Now, Spidey is an upstanding guy, so to the EF folk that have come here to trash him, lay the fuck off, I dont doubt that he was told this, I doubt what he was told.

In closing, if they want you they will find you, on any site and anywhere. If you come to these places with the intent of using them for illegal purposes, then you will eventually have to deal with shit, and again if he is browsing at work, and if hes spending too much time on the puter, and away from his work, I wouldnt doubt his employers, took a good look into what he was doing, and had a chat as they see this as illegal activity anyway you slice it, when all it is in role playing and entertainment
                      well said doom. EF guys, get your panties out of a bunch. LOL talk about jumping the gun without the full story.

Comment

Whew! This started to scare me. I mean I have posted some stuff regarding my sexual lifestyle and most of it is illegal. Luckily I am a person with morals and have not solicited anything on this board. Only because it is a great board !! :)

Comment

The network admins at your job can track every site you go to and every key stroke on your keyboard. Do not surf at work.

Comment

Originally posted by getsome
                            The network admins at your job can track every site you go to and every key stroke on your keyboard. Do not surf at work.
                            what else I am suppose to do at work? WORK???? LOL :D

Comment

I guess I didn't give enough info.

We both work at a major universty. The University police are part of the local police force. i.e. they aren't just rent-a-cops. Apparently, some law enforcement agency called the university police and said, "we have traced this IP to the university". The University police then followed up on that and traced it to my friend's computer at his desk. It was the University police who called him and wanted to know what he was doing on a board discussing illegal activity.

So, NO, it isn't a prank. There is no one but me who even knew he ever took steroids or visited EF. He was pretty secretive about it. He never got any gains either so it wasn't "obvious" that he ever used. At a university, they do not need a search warrent to come into your office and conduct a search. It's in the contract you sign when you apply for work there. Similarly I suppose, they wouldn't need any type of warrent to trace your IP.

To the people from EF coming here to bash me, fuck you. I just posted what happened to a friend. If you don't believe it, fine; no skin off my nose. I have never bashed EF since I left last october. I left there on my own accord with no rancor for anyone there. Any of you are welcome to do a search on my username on this or any other board. Scrutinize my posts and find me one where I bullshitted anyone. you can't do it.

Now, you tell me how any law enforcement agency could get my friend's ISP history without cooperation from EF and I will be happy to re-think my position on EF. He doesn't even work at the university anymore and hasn't for 4 or 5 months. This trace is from a long time ago.

I admit I am not a computer wiz. If there is a way to legally obtain that info without EF's coorporation please let me know.

Comment

i think that phone call came from someone who knew he was on the board. any job, school, even public library can trace what you do on their terminals. that's why it's better not to go on anything that can get you in trouble. save it for home.

Comment

Working...
                                X