Insulin Intramuscular or Sub-Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
    Yes but I wonder for our purpose will it yield better results and be out of the system faster?
    I believe for our purpose it will yield faster results, however I would use the active insulin peak/activity chart as a guide still.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio
      I believe for our purpose it will yield faster results, however I would use the active insulin peak/activity chart as a guide still.
      Definitly. Always want to be safe!

Comment

Bouncer, that's a good question, whether your blood levels of slin will drop fast.

One thing that insulin spikes can cause is hyperinsulinism. Chronically, this can cause insulin resistance by the cells. I doubt this would happen to you, and I don't know what degree of hyperinsulinism would cause this, in other words, whether short spikes of insulin on a daily basis could cause insulin resistance; either way, I bet its a good idea to avoid these spikes on a regular basis. You probably know this, but insluin controls other anabolic hormones, and in insulin resistance the anabolic process is reduced (http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxifi...ulin-and-blood)

Just lookin out for you bro. Your brave taking slin, but I know I'll be there some day.

It seems from all I've learned and read that, the initial spike may drop relatively fast; on a graph we see the peak drop off suddenly for a little while (just takes the top off), in about 60 minutes. But it may take 180-200 minutes+ for levels to return to "normal" (pre-spike) If someone can expand on this, or correct it if needed, please do.

For example, say you spike your insulin up to 150 micro Units. In the first 60 minutes, it might drop to 100, but it will take another 100-120 minutes to drop another 50, and then another 30 minutes or so to drop to normal, pre-spike levels.

So its a very sharp decline for first 60 minutes, followed by a gradual decline over 120 minutes, then another pretty sharp decline for about 30 mins or so.

No matter how fast the slin gets in, the body has to take its time to use it and lower blood levels.

Im sure all this varies with blood sugar levels, too.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I dont like the idea of intramuscular injections becuase if you use something longer acting, like R, then the second spike will vary in times and u could go hypo easily. I like to keep it more controlled and predictable. Heres what i would suggest if i were you Bouncer. Only reason i havent done this myself yet, is becuase i just started with slin and want to master each of them before i go mixing them. I ran a Log cycle for 6 weeks alone with good results. Now i am on Humalin R for 6 weeks currently, and am havent had so much as a shake yet which i guess is good. Hunger for 4 hours sux tho.

If you want the spike and also the long acting traits of slin, mix them. Take 5iu humalog and 5iu R (thats where i would start). In theory the log will kick in fairly quick and the R will within 30-45 mins. Soooo, take your 100g shake and drink it slowly over 30-40min period after your shot. Then you can probably have a small meal consisting of high protein but moderate carbs (minimize fat gain) around 20-25g, about an hour and 15min post shot (this is to cover the stronger effects of log). Then all you have left to do is have your full clean meal 2.5hrs post shot and ur in the clear from the Humalin R. This incorporates the stronger slin, as i have a diabetic friend and we both agree humalog hits a lot harder and is stronger, and you have the longer sustained effects from R so it has more time to work its magic in your system. I will be bridging between cycles with this after my upcoming cycle. Comments welcome.

Comment

good words Toopowerful! I plan on starting slin soon and advice like that keeps me informed. thanks

Comment

This is from AR. Einstein is like the man when it comes to GH, Slin, IGF-1. Give this a look. . .

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=100552

Comment

I am diabetic and on an insulin pump I get 500 shots a day of humalog all together about 35 to 45 units aday (according to what I eat) and humalog is the fastest acting insuling there is. It takes about 15 minutes to start working but only last about 1hour peeks really fast.

Comment

Working...
                X