True Life: I'm on Steroids...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Life: I'm on Steroids...

A new season of True Life starts on May 19th. It was showing teasears of what they cover in the season. One was "I'm on Steroids". It showed this kid about 18 years old doing curls. Then it cuts to him saying "I feel like I'm a god". :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Comment

And then I'm wathcing the boob tube last night and there is this commercial....It starts off with all young female athletes vowing to never take steroids...then at the very end it cuts to some chalkboard that outlines the risks: acne, baldness, stunted growth, and increased risk of HIV.

Let's spend $50k on a commercial when you have kids addicted to heroin and crack. GREAT IDEA.

What's really funny, is that Dr's prescribe small doses of test to post menopausal women....but of course they don't discuss that or any other benefit.

Comment

haha, he's probably taking estrogen and doesn't realize it. By week 6 he'll have a nice pair of (.)(.)

Comment

Anything to get people to watch. People love gory, nasty shit, watching other peope kill themselves and this means they want to believe the media hype that steroids are evil simply because it's human nature to want them to be bad and see other people fuckin up. It makes people feel better about their own crappy lives.

Comment

I've grown to the point to where I no longer feel the need to explain Anabolics to the uneducated son of a bitches in this world. I no longer tell them that in moderation and with blood tests you can minimize the side effects greatly. If someone asks me if I'm on AS I'll simply say no and be done with it. Maybe it's the current cycle I'm on but gosh, I'm starting to see that just about everyone I meet is an uneducated piece of shit and it's really not worth my time to try to educate them.

I was a big believer in trying to let people know the truth behind AS and how if it is taken by teens who don't know what they are doing or anyone who doesn't know what they were doing, then it is wrong.

I use to want to let people know that you can become educated and learn how to achieve goals with the HELP of AS.

But those days of trying to let people see the truth instead of what the media portrays are gone. The media bombards AS with special after special of how AS killed this person and killed that person and did this and did that. Man FUCK the media and FUCK the country for putting a ban on a substance that can help one achieve their goals in the gym. For the government to put AS in the same category as other scheduled narcotics is just a complete insult to me and makes me ashamed to call myself an american. Land of the free my ass.......

Comment

:agree:

I said it before and ill say it again.... We should be able to be use and obtain it under the supervision of a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
                But those days of trying to let people see the truth instead of what the media portrays are gone. The media bombards AS with special after special of how AS killed this person and killed that person and did this and did that. Man FUCK the media and FUCK the country for putting a ban on a substance that can help one achieve their goals in the gym. For the government to put AS in the same category as other scheduled narcotics is just a complete insult to me and makes me ashamed to call myself an american. Land of the free my ass.......
                :agree:

Talk about misplaced priorities...As a country we chase people to give em parking tickets while real crime thrives...we pay teachers and cops nothing and Colin Farrell makes $15 million for one movie. we need to chase real crime and leave the AS - which they don't bother to understand - the hell alone. everybody I know who doesn't use sees it as a shortcut instead of the tool it is.

And as for the media...they want to report on everything about everybody. there's no fuckin privacy anymore not even what kind of toilet paper you use. That "stalkarazzi" piece on 20/20 even pointed out that photographers now wanna show celebs with a booger on their nose or food in their teeth. It's so messed up when you don't even try to make the world a better place, just a bigger toilet.

Comment

^ Great post.

Then the other night on a local news channel they did a special on young men using steroids. They interviewed this guy (about 22 y.o.) and his friend had hung himself and he blamed the steroids. This guy said he was on also, and got off as soon as this happened, and 100% thinks it's the fault of AAS.

GET A FREAKING GRIP ON REALITY!!!! IT'S NO ONE'S OR NOTHING'S FAULT EXCEPT THEIR OWN.

Comment

Steroids made the kid hang himself? Riiiiiight.

Comment

That's the point they were inadvertently trying to make.

It was such horse shit

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance but I might just hang myself on this one but.......why is it so hard to believe that steroids made the kid kill himself? I have never used nor do I plan to now but with all the cases of "Roid Rage" and the effects that it has on the internal organs why is it hard to believe that it can't mess with ones perception and make someone kill themself.

Comment

Originally posted by imonboardtoo
                          Steroids made the kid hang himself? Riiiiiight.
                          He probably tied a tighter knot because of the steroids. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish
                            He probably tied a tighter knot because of the steroids. ;)
                            :rofl: :rofl:

Bad, here's the problem with their story:

True, steroids CAN increase aggressiveness and such. HOWEVER, the problem here is that they only discuss the risks and NEVER discuss the benefits. They don't tell you that they prescribe small doses of test to post menopausal women to help with sex drive. They don't tell you they prescribe AAS to AIDS patients to help avoid muscle wasting. They don't tell you that in moderation, and supervision that AAS can be taken effectively and the result of the person in this story is NOT constant.

I am sick of the media trying to use AAS as an excuse for what some people do. Some people have a chemical imbalance and should in no way take any AAS. Yet, the media continues to spotlight these cases and make it sound like this is what will happen to EVERYONE who takes steroids.

I can see the media trying to circumvent adolescent use, because younger people simply do not need it, as their own test and growth hormone has not reached it's full potential. And the risks should be communicated as well.

But the scare tactics that continue is what really pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                              But the scare tactics that continue is what really pisses me off.
                              :) Ok....pretty much what the media does with everything these days.....concentrate on all of the negatives and none of the positives. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X