Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality check.

Reality check.

Disclaimer: this is my rant and my rant only. You are welcome to take issue with anything I say here but I do expect a explanation of why you disagree, in other words I want argument that can be discussed and debated, I don’t want just an IMO. Also as with everything I say this is free advise and should not be taken for anything more.

The below is a result of a great many post from several boards. They are issues that have been raised in one form or another.

Number 1. Some people of late believe that 20 to 30 pounds of muscle can be gained per cycle. Well maybe they can but if you really can do that then you probably were not ready to start steroids let alone near your genetic limit. Of course everyone reacts differently and some people will do better then others but outside of the first cycle these types of gains aren’t realistic for an 8 to 12 week span. They are not even desirable as the rest of your body will not be able to keep up.

Number 2. Telling people that they are not ready for steroids is by and large a waste of time. For myself I don’t even bother with the lecture unless they seam completely unprepared. Yes it is good advice, yes we have there best interest at heart but in practice almost no one is “ready” by the standards we set. (Most would say using steroids to surpass their genetic limits) See number 3

Number 3. Steroids should only be used to help surpass a person’s genetic limit. Nice theory but I have yet to see anyone actually use it for this reason. The more responsible users I have seen are people that have worked out for a few years and decide they want better results then what they have been getting. And they don’t want to kill themselves trying to get it. This leads us to number 4

Number 4. Most people that start using steroids do so to get big fast. Or lean in the case of a cutting cycle. They are using them as a shortcut to an end, not as a means of surpassing their limits. They do not have perfect diets or training and tend to only be really dedicated while they are on cycle. In short they use them to make up for the deficiencies of their diet and/or training as well as to speed up the process. While I do not agree with this type of usage I have come to believe that it is useless to flame or lecture these people, if they have made the dissension to use steroids there is little that you can do to persuade them otherwise. I think it’s generally better to provide them with the best information possible then let them find out for themselves.

Number 5. If you only need a small dose of test for a first cycle to make massive gains then you probably should have waited. I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes here but if your making huge gains on what is a little more then HRT levels then you had a long way to go naturally before starting steroids.

Number 6. I wish I had a quarter for ever time someone posted that someone else was not eating enough. Diet is of course the most important part of any cycle and it will make or break it. However there seams to be some confusion on quality verses quantity. The first one is far more important then the second. I would rather eat clean any day of the week then eat a lot. You may not gain what the guy getting the monster burger for lunch every day will gain but you’re not going to be stuck trying to lose a lot of what he gained (god I love those things, and I’m cutting damn it) Often eating more is suggested when gains have slowed or stopped during the cycle. This is not necessary as the slowing of gains is not the body needing more calories but the body adapting to the hormones. Even 20 pounds of muscle does not increase your calorie requirements that much. The main point here is that having a clean diet will get you further then a heavy diet. For instance it is more important that is protein be high quality and consumed throughout the day then to have the total amount be some arbitrary number as anything you don’t use is ether burned as fuel or flushed down the drain.

Number 7. More gear will make you grow faster. This is not a popular truth but it is true none the less. 2 grams of test will make you grow faster then 500mg a week. This is not a smart thing to do but it is true. Of course there is a point of diminishing returns, doubling your dosage will not double your gains, indeed the only thing you’ll double is the side affects.

Number 8. Progesterone does not cause gyno. It can aggravate it in a number of ways but estrogen is what causes gyno. While I am on the subject stanozolol does not work as an anti-progesterone. Yes it will bind to that receptor site but the binding is so weak that it can not give real progesterone any competition. Tamoxifen is the only drug proven to stop gyno and reverse it. That is why it is still used to treat estrogen meditated cancer, other drugs such as letrozole and the like are usually ran as preventative measures.

Number 9. Muscle is muscle. Even the muscle you would gain from a methandrostenolone cycle. I wrote this a while back and I still stand on it:
    Not keeping any of your gains on an oral only cycle is popular and common belief. This is not without reason. Many people don't keep their gains, not because of the type of drugs used or differences in potency but because of the type of people that use an oral only cycle. To make a success out of an oral only cycle you a. dedicated b. to be knowledgeable, c. disciplined. Most people (not all) that are all three don't tend to do the oral only cycles. They know that there are better options available and are going to use the safer, more effective methods to meet there goals. That usually involves other delivery types, specifically injections. So the irony here is that the very people that can make the most out of an oral only cycle don't use them while oral only cycles are the first cycles that the rest of the people tend to look at. They are the ones that don't want to inject, or rub themselves with smelly gels, or jest generally not willing to do what it takes. Newbies that are dedicated generally get talked into doing better things (or just learn). It really isn't to be wondered that people look down on orally only cycle.

However oral only cycles can be ran with success. And there are times when they are desirable. Anyone that has to travel should appreciate this. The key to success with them is four fold. First you must run a real full cycle. By that I mean you have to eat right, train right, get your sleep, and avoid taking shortcuts. In other words you need to be dedicated, the steroids are meant to help you along, not to be used as a crutch. Second is you cannot skip on your ancillaries, you need them to make this work right. This means using the appropriate anti estrogens, AI and/or SERMs. Third DO NOT SKIMP ON THE PCT. I don't know why but some people seam to think that they do not get shut down. Not true, PCT is as important as if you were running test. Fourth your supplements will make a big difference as well.
    Number 10. Bread and butter cycles rock. Exotic steroids, methods, or stacks are not necessary and do not produce better results. There is no reason to run steroids that are known to be very unhealthy. (Mostly orals). The harsh drug I would ever take is trenbolone. If you can’t pronounce it you probably don’t need it.

Great post and I think I will remeber number 2 alot more often, since I can see the problem, but don't really know how to correct it.

Comment

dont give up though on telling people number 2 though... Yah i say screw how much you gain per cycle I go by how much progress did I do since last yr...
      I think this is a good post for newbs and hardcore users, gettin back to basics is very important at times

K

Comment

Awesome post--the fact is, a lot of people asking for suggestions are gonna do it regardless of what we say, so helping them do it as safely and effectively as possible is the best option.

Comment

This goes against everything this board is all about. You're a traitor skyefire. Seriously, i've felt this way about a lot of those and you've opened my eyes to other things I didn't know as well.

Comment

Very good post brother.

Comment

very good post i wish i had something to disagree with just to mess with you! #5 is my favorite post!

Comment

nice reading. some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyefire
                  If you can’t pronounce it you probably don’t need it.
                  :bravonew:
                  Great post!!

Comment

I like no 1. It is not the weight you gain, but the weight you keep.

Comment

for #8 what is it about Tren and Deca that cause me to get gyno. Is it basically making my existing gyno from previous cycles worse? Because the only thing that helps it is Bromo. I have tried all different combos of serms and anti-aromotases for it and none of them work. always good information bro.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                        for #8 what is it about Tren and Deca that cause me to get gyno. Is it basically making my existing gyno from previous cycles worse? Because the only thing that helps it is Bromo. I have tried all different combos of serms and anti-aromotases for it and none of them work. always good information bro.
                        im with you stoney when on tren, nolva l-dex or letro dosnt help!

Comment

When i hit tren I run letro after wk6... seems to help but then after about wk 10-12 depending on dosage no matter what I run I get issues, the bromo always helps, caber isnt bad but itsnt nearly as affective as bromo IMO

K

Comment

basically yes. progesterone agervates the situatition via hormone imbalance. The actaully process is a lot more complex then that and I don't really understand it (bobo at AM is really the only person I know that can explain it simply) but estrogen is what actually causes the gyno. Bromo is a bad choice because it can carry some harsh sides and really fucks with your brain chem. Also some people just are really prone to gyno, surgery is really the only solution if they want to keep cycling. (or in your case primo should work good)

Comment

Dont agree with number 5. I have been using for years and am still under a gram of test per week. Im 5'11 262lbs today and around 9%bf. I see people around that dont even look like they workout and there using much more then me. I think a low dose has much more to do with how your body responds to the AAS, genetics, hard training, and a good diet. I dont think you can say, "if you only need a low dose to grow then your not ready for steroids". I disagree 100%.

Comment

Working...
                              X