No announcement yet.

Dec. cycle worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just bought some fish oil. 80 caps for $10.

It says this on the back: Fish oil is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids that play an important role in maintaining healthy skin. Research has shown that fish oil can assist in maintaining a healthy heart and also reduce the stickiness of blood, thereby maintaining healthy circulatory function. It has also been shown to assist in the maintenance of healthy triglyceride levels and can positively influence LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio.

The omega 3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (epa) and docosahexaenoic acid (dha) have been shown to have anti-inflammatory action that can be of benifit in the relief of inflammation associated with both osteoarthritis and arthritis.

Thanks bouncer

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
      i thought i read somewhere that the omega 3's should be taken separate from the 6's and 9's if possible because they can interfere with each other. couldnt tell you where i read that though.
      not sure...the ingredients in the udos are 2:1:1 for respectivley 3,6,9....I know if you have too much of one without the others your body goes out of whack

Comment

Its worth mentioning that some AAS have a more adverse effect on lipid ratio than others, essentially test can raise your bad LDL and lower your good HDL. Primobolon on the other hand has been shown to improve the ratio. Other AAS like Winstrol have been shown to be worse than test.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54
          not sure...the ingredients in the udos are 2:1:1 for respectivley 3,6,9....I know if you have too much of one without the others your body goes out of whack
          Ok I'll just grab some Udo's oil since it has the ideal ratio and I'll stop takin my omega's alone.Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by latin22
            Ok I'll just grab some Udo's oil since it has the ideal ratio and I'll stop takin my omega's alone.Thanks again.
            read what i posted again. that may not be the best idea. the omega 3's are what is important for supplementation. the other EFA's are much more easily gotten in an average bodybuilder diet.

Comment

so should I take udo's oil and omega 3 fatty acids?

Comment

so should I take udo's oil and omega 3 fatty acids?
                i would skip the udo's oil myself. omega 6 and 9 are easy to get from food. its the omega 3 aka fish oil that is hard.

Comment

what kinds of food usually contain omega6 and 9? I usually consume 3 grams od Omega 3 a day should I increase?

Comment

eggs, olive oils, meats, ect.

its all about the total amount of EPA and DHA. add those together and that it your total amount. usually, 1 gram of fish oil capsule is only 300mg of the important stuff.

Comment

yeah maybe I should have clarified is that when on Udo's oil, that is usually my ONLY fat source. lean meat, veggies, shakes and oil. that way I can know exactly what I am getting. the ratio is still important so if you over supplement with one or the other it won't have the optimal affect.

Comment

alright then I guess i will keep supplementing with omega 3 and get the rest of my fats from my daily meals.

Comment

Working...
                        X