Blood work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post

ya if you were really at 19 you for sure need to give blood again. mine only dropped 2 points after giving blood.

saying that shit I need to give again its been 6 months or so for me and I think if you give every 6 months you are fine
    you wanna make sure you are under 17. trhats prob where you are right now but your still on Id give again then just do it every 6 months or so.
    I'm definitely staying on top of it. You can donate every 56 days. So I'll just go again the end of March. Then get my blood redone.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
      It's been years since I gave blood. I forgot they used a hollowed out 16g roofing nail.

WTF?! Never seen that...All ever used on me was a 21G

Yes. No idea. All they tested for prior to donating were my iron levels. I'm going to wait a few weeks and get another blood panel done and give blood if necessary.

Still taking the niacin at 1000mg ed to help raise my hdl levels.

Just give another pint if you didn't give two pints and you'll be good; toss the niacin shit and just give blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post

Just give another pint if you didn't give two pints and you'll be good; toss the niacin shit and just give blood.
        16-17g is standard.

Very few people can give two pints in one sitting bro. Apart from fat people. Most places won't do it.

Niacin is for hdl evels. Not the thick blood. Two separate issues.
        Last edited by blm; 01-27-13, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post

lol you cant choose bro. at least not in CA you give 1 and thats it

Comment

It's always interesting to look back and realize how you start to adapt to certain things. For months I was tired and felt sluggish and my breathing was slightly labored I just chalked it up to life, work, baby, etc. but ever since I gave blood I feel noticeably better. Just something that I didn't think about while it was happening.

Comment

Everything else was within normal ranges.

Wife loves me. She is young and has an over active sex drive to begin with and no risk of getting her pregnant, lol.
              WHAT!!???

Comment

Working...
              X