Roids for Grip Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roids for Grip Strength

Hi. I am new to the forum. I have a few questions about setting up my first cycle. I am a intermediate level rock climber and the main thing holding me back is my grip strength. It takes a really long time to grow the forearm flexors and extensors with training alone. I am not looking for something too scary like Halo especially for a first cycle. So I have been thinking of Anavar and or Tren. Could I have some help on what may or may not work? Would injectables be a better idea because they can be targeted to a specific muscle? However, it would not hurt to gain overall strength especially in my lats and biceps.

Me:
    6' Even
    190 lbs
    31 yrs

:wave:

Anavar is mild and can be run alone without much side effects. Tren on the other hand should never be run without testosterone.

Maybe something like low dose test e and deca might be helpful.

test e @ 300mgs per week
    deca d @ 250mgs per week

Comment

Originally posted by moos321 View Post
      Hi. I am new to the forum. I have a few questions about setting up my first cycle. I am a intermediate level rock climber and the main thing holding me back is my grip strength. It takes a really long time to grow the forearm flexors and extensors with training alone. I am not looking for something too scary like Halo especially for a first cycle. So I have been thinking of Anavar and or Tren. Could I have some help on what may or may not work? Would injectables be a better idea because they can be targeted to a specific muscle? However, it would not hurt to gain overall strength especially in my lats and biceps.

Me:
      6' Even
      190 lbs
      31 yrs

OrangaHang© PRO BJJ Grip Trainer - MADE IN MAINE, USA - Origin USA

If you want to develop good grip strength, no need for any of that stuff. Get a set of these or something similar. I've been doing bjj for a very long time and grip strength is a MUST....grip strength for us is like your rope saving your ass from falling to your death:wave:

Comment

In my experience grip strength yields better results from better training than steroids. Not saying it can't help but the flexors in the forearms are a very small muscle group and tendon strength is just as important as muscle strength which steroids won't help for. Steroids will also tend to ad body weight which you do not want as a climber.

There are many different facets to grip training but what carries over to climbing the best is pinch grip training. Plate pinching, block lifts and isometric holds will work the best. If you aren't familiar with plate pinching or block weight lifts PM me and I can get you more details. Things such as Ironmind's titans telegraph key can be helpful for building thumb pad strength for pinch holds. Also do you have a hang board? This is important for crimp holds. You need to build the tendon strength and muscle strength slowly and concurrently to prevent finger injuries that can set you way back. Good luck.
        Last edited by chuckz28; 08-13-15, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Why go to PM with information worth sharing publicly?

Comment

Links to other forums more specific to meeting his goals and information that could take a bit to type out if he didn't already know what excercizes I'm already talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by moos321 View Post

Me:
              6' Even
              190 lbs
              31 yrs

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
              In my experience grip strength yields better results from better training than steroids. Not saying it can't help but the flexors in the forearms are a very small muscle group and tendon strength is just as important as muscle strength which steroids won't help for. Steroids will also tend to ad body weight which you do not want as a climber.

There are many different facets to grip training but what carries over to climbing the best is pinch grip training. Plate pinching, block lifts and isometric holds will work the best. If you aren't familiar with plate pinching or block weight lifts PM me and I can get you more details. Things such as Ironmind's titans telegraph key can be helpful for building thumb pad strength for pinch holds. Also do you have a hang board? This is important for crimp holds. You need to build the tendon strength and muscle strength slowly and concurrently to prevent finger injuries that can set you way back. Good luck.
              this

Comment

Agreed completely with Chuck. Along with forearm/grip exercises, have you made an honest appraisal of your body weight? Dropping 10 or 15 lbs of bodyweight carefully without impacting strength will do wonders for your climbing.

Comment

Yeah I train grip by itself specifically 2x a week, follow the climbing community closely and have met with climbers that have climbed with the biggest names in climbing. Being on gear has done nothing for increasing my grip strength compared to optimized training. I train for crush grip but still partake in thickbar and pinch grip on occasion.

In a climbers case you need to have as light a frame as possible. 20 pounds makes a hell of a difference so anything that will add to that will nix any muscle gains. The best in the world are all thin for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                    I train for crush grip but still partake in thickbar and pinch grip on occasion.
                    Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested.

Comment

Crush grip being squeezing, mainly from the 4 fingers in the second pads below the finger tips. Crush grip is trained with grippers and useful for jobs with pliers, cutters and giving a firm handshake.

Thickbar would be trained by using thick barbells or fat grips over the barbell. Good for picking up large objects and general all around hand strength.

Pinch grip focuses much on the thumb strength as well as finger tip strength. Trained by using pinch blocks of all sizes, anywhere from a penny to a 4 inch wide block or even larger. There are hundreds of implements to train pinch grip, but the biggest would be 3 inch wide pinch blocks with a welded hook on the end to book onto a loading pin where you can add weight plates, and hubs of various depths and widths, which mimic the center hub of a 45lb plate. Plate pinching would be putting two or more Olympic plates together flat side out and either double hand or single hand lifting them. The strong guys use 45lb plates, one hand and just 3 fingers.

There are constantly new ways being developed to train and test grip strength and many yearly competitions involving tons of these fun tools. Most are not commercially made but some companies do make many and hold certifications for incredible feats such as Ironmind that I mentioned above.

My goal is to certify the Captains of Crush #3 gripper. Certification takes place in front of a judge with strict rules and controlled grippers. The nice thing about this goal is bodyweight does not matter as much as other strength sports because leverage can't be used as an advantage. Gripsport is humbling to even the really big strong guys.

Comment

Thanks.

What cpt crush grippers would you recommend?

I have an everlast set with the wood handles that are about a year old that I can squeeze 75 times before stopping. I don't know their # rating.

Comment

Coc are much stronger than store bought ones and are good for strength because high reps like that do little for strength. Everlast grippers will lie somewhere between the coc guide and maybe sport. It is good to have at least 3 gripper strengths. A warm up gripper, a working set gripper and a goal gripper. Most strong guys can't close a #2 I would get a trainer, #1 and #2 to start out. Your everlast could be used as warm up if youd like to only get two grippers for now. A 10 pound difference can feel like a lot of difference with such a small muscle group. Most complain about the knurling for a while til your hands get used to the rough aluminum surface.

Right now I can close the 2.5 with a credit card set which can usually only be done by people that Deadlift 600#+ without prior specific grip training. Deadlift has some carryover. No woman on the planet has been able to do this yet.

Comment

Unless I over read, I'm surprised know one said that injectables can't be targeted to a muscle group. Steroids go systematic bro. Don't matter what muscle u put it in.

Comment

grip strength?!?
                              that's like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly

I would try a more conventional approach. yes roids will make you a better athlete but make should your not trying to find a quick fix because it requires a certain level of dedication and commitment I don't think most ppl have or are willing to take...the risks aren't worth reward unless you put in the time in training whether its in the gym and out of the gym.

Comment

Working...
                              X