No announcement yet.

Zippy Kratom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's for taking orally. Most people use some kind of shake or the hardcore ones just toss & wash. Some kind of ingestion. 1000's of years ago Thai farmers used to bath in it for aromatherapy purposes and ingest it. It was then outlawed in Thailand due to in infringing on the opium trade--so they say.

Sometimes consuming it is referred to as "burning" because it's also used as an "incense" and not just a "soap".

It's all a front to keep regulation down. Big pharma & ignorance are the primary enemies. It's been a hot topic this year and 2 states have passed laws against it recently: Alabama & Arkansas. The #save kratom movement has been busy this year as well and has quashed regulation in Florida & Kentucky.

It's a lot of work and a lot of people are in the fight because it's a cure for many ailments.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        and you thought i'd have a soap sponsor here at sm? :D
        Meh, who am I to judge? Lol

And thanks for the info coolio! Deff gunna place an order soon

Comment

Welcome, I'm excited to try Kratom again! I think I either got some weak stuff or I didn't take enough last time.

Comment

Lets say theoretically im in the military.......fuck it Im army, anyone know if this pops as a false positive?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
              Welcome, I'm excited to try Kratom again! I think I either got some weak stuff or I didn't take enough last time.
              There are 4 possibilities I'm aware of that would cause it to not affect you:

1. Weak kratom. Like you say. 50% chance of this.

2. You used a strain that does not affect your body chemistry. Although there are general rules of thumb: "red is a slow burn for pain and insomnia" "white is a fast burn for productivity" and "green is an all-around burn", something to keep in mind is that kratom is unique to everybody and what a red does for you might not do for me.

3. You did not experiment and find your sweet spot. This goes back to kratom being a unique experience for everybody. Start out with about a teaspon. Let it ride for 30 minutes and see what happens. If that's not it, next time try a bit more. Too much or too little and you'll miss the nervous system totally. Keep experimenting until you say, "Ah ha!"

4. You're a non-responder. Less than 3% of the people who try kratom, try to hit their sweet spot, never get an affect and just resign themselves to the fact that they are not responsive to it.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfMunky View Post
                Lets say theoretically im in the military.......fuck it Im army, anyone know if this pops as a false positive?
                I have never heard of somebody failing a drug test by taking kratom. Heroin addicts who are on probation take it to avoid going back to their old life. Weed & prescription addicts do this too.

Kratom affects the opium receptors but it doesn't show up as anything on a test because it's a member of the coffee family. It's a tree. Grows 40 feet tall. This is a bit of a contradiction but it's the way it is.

If a test was to actually look for kratom then it would be found but most don't even know about it.

Comment

Does Kratom create any kind of physical addiction?

Comment

Originally posted by epix00 View Post
                    Does Kratom create any kind of physical addiction?
                    Some people yes and others no. Some people claim when they're doing a washout it's about as uncomfortable as quitting caffeine for a couple of days.

For me it's like this. Once a month I wash out for 2 days and the first day I get chills, minor chills but still I know what they are from. Or I could get a runny nose. This withdrawal lasts a day and it's not that terrible. The next day it's over. When I go back to kratom my tolerance is zero again. However you can keep your tolerance very, very low to begin with by rotating strains. A red one day, then a white, then a green and repeat. Your tolerance will remain the same for each. But YES for me it's a physical addiction.

I am not concerned with that part though because I can tough it out. What I am concerned with is the mental dependency. I have a history of chemical dependency in my family. I have used kratom off and on for 2.5 years because it keeps my blood pressure down. I am always aware of the fact that if I get a mental obsession of "where's my kratom fix!" then I'm in trouble. But I'm aware of all of this so I don't really worry.

I would say most people have some type of physical withdrawal after regular usage whether it's very small or like mine. But I've never heard of it much worse than what I get.

Further more, I have also heard of hardcore users who take very high daily dosages state that they get chills every morning before their first burn. You'd have to be taking a lot though. Like maybe somebody who used to use herion or other heavy drugs.

If you have a history of addiction and are stone cold sober then I would not recommend trying kratom.
                    Last edited by Coolio; 05-14-16, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Good post!

Comment

Originally posted by Coolio View Post
                        Some people yes and others no. Some people claim when they're doing a washout it's about as uncomfortable as quitting caffeine for a couple of days.

For me it's like this. Once a month I wash out for 2 days and the first day I get chills, minor chills but still I know what they are from. Or I could get a runny nose. This withdrawal lasts a day and it's not that terrible. The next day it's over. When I go back to kratom my tolerance is zero again. However you can keep your tolerance very, very low to begin with by rotating strains. A red one day, then a white, then a green and repeat. Your tolerance will remain the same for each. But YES for me it's a physical addiction.

I am not concerned with that part though because I can tough it out. What I am concerned with is the mental dependency. I have a history of chemical dependency in my family. I have used kratom off and on for 2.5 years because it keeps my blood pressure down. I am always aware of the fact that if I get a mental obsession of "where's my kratom fix!" then I'm in trouble. But I'm aware of all of this so I don't really worry.

I would say most people have some type of physical withdrawal after regular usage whether it's very small or like mine. But I've never heard of it much worse than what I get.

Further more, I have also heard of hardcore users who take very high daily dosages state that they get chills every morning before their first burn. You'd have to be taking a lot though. Like maybe somebody who used to use herion or other heavy drugs.

If you have a history of addiction and are stone cold sober then I would not recommend trying kratom.
                        good info. you definitely use it differently than I use it. the way I use it there is no addiction mental of physical. I only use the calming red strains and I only use it when I am in real pain from the muscles spasms in my back. this averages about once per week. if used in this way I have noticed zero addiction be it mental or physical.

from everything I've read, the green and white are for energy and focus. I have WAY to much energy so I stay away from those strains. red is the only one I have experience with and for me 1 heaping tsp of red strain mixed with a protein shake or OJ feels almost i identical to the effect of a 50mg tramadol which is great for me because that's what the doc prescribed me for my pain. if i use the kratom I dont take tramadol for that day. basicly switch between the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfMunky View Post
                          I doubt it bro, I know for a fact they don't test for steroids lol. since he said its part of the coffee family, you should be good to go. If you wanna be sure, buy a test kit, take it on Friday after safety brief, test yourself on Saturday. If it don't show up, start implementing it. Or fuck it sprinkle some on the test itself lol

Comment

Fella sends laffy taffy with his products. Must be one of those hippies! :D

Thanks coolio!

Comment

How many doses do you get from an ounce? And can you use different types in one day? Like white in the morning then red at night?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                                How many doses do you get from an ounce? And can you use different types in one day? Like white in the morning then red at night?
                                I use a measuring spoon when I’m dosing and I measure by the ounce. Some measure by the gram. I measure ounces out by the teaspoon.
                                The grind of the powder has a dramatic effect on how much product fits into a teaspoon. The farmer that supplies us grinds the powders and he does a good job but it could be a better job. I don’t think this bothers anybody.

When I measure this Green Vein below it takes 9-10 teaspoons to get an ounce. You can see how it's fairly fine but also has some chunks in it that affect the weight of a teaspoon. If our grind was finer we could make an ounce with 1 or 2 teaspoons less. Customers say I have a heavy hand and I do because I use an old analogue scale and I don’t want people to think I’m ripping them off.

So a starting point with that ounce, it would be safe to say you get 10 doses of 1 teaspoon of our grind. If it was finer then a dose might be 3/4 of a teaspoon. Then again, that might not be accurate and it doesn’t have much to do with tolerance either. The grind and the potency are not regulated. It’s just the way kratom is. Some people need less to find their sweet spot and some people need more. With somewhere between 1 and 2 teaspoons though you should be able to feel something.

If you’re starting out I would suggest sticking to one strain per day so you can know for certain that it does to you what it’s supposed to. If you’re familiar with kratom then mixing them throughout the day is a common practice, yes. Depending on how much you’re consuming a day though this could raise your tolerance or it could have no affect at all. I have a lot of energy but I still like the whites so I do a white during the day or sometimes a green but never a red. Actually the Red Horn that we carry is too strong for me—even a little bit knocks me out so sometimes I will mix it with some white and get a good affect.

Also, a lot of vendors have a mysterious/sexy strain that is unique to just them. Like “Queen’s White” or some other BS. What this generally is is the spill at the scales. They package these multiple strains up and resell them. We just call it what it is and give it away with every order so you can experiment on your own. It’s just called “Weigh Station Spillover Mixture” and you can see it in Bouncer’s photo.
                                Last edited by Coolio; 05-15-16, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X