No announcement yet.

Olympic Sprinter Ben Johnson Would Use Steroids All Over Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bet you that the amount of people WITH the gene that the US track team has at its disposal is far greater than the amount of people trying out for the Jamaica team.

Comment

You isolate usain bolt for a year to guarantee he has no contact with Jamaican team and you'll see a guy that is way down on performance. He'd still be great but not record shattering with ease great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        I would bet you that the amount of people WITH the gene that the US track team has at its disposal is far greater than the amount of people trying out for the Jamaica team.
        Well when you can show me that than the point will be moot.But that was only half my argument. the other half was the culture of sprinting. jamaica has a ton of black people, but sucks at basketball. why? because that isnt a sport for the culture like it is for us. they dont have the programs in place like the US does for that to happen or the incentive. But they do have a huge national track program. my point is there are other reasons just besides the genetics as well.

Comment

Good discussion though. Im enjoying this topic.

Comment

You see how easily bolt destroyed some of the world records? Now I'm not saying he isn't genetically amazing. But for fuck sake man, he beat some of those records with minimal effort.

What you have there is a genetic marvel WITH the help of undetectable drugs. I believe the Jamaica science program deserves more credit than you are willing to give them. It's possible they discovered a compound even if by mistake that is superior.

Comment

You see how easily bolt destroyed some of the world records? Now I'm not saying he isn't genetically amazing. But for fuck sake man, he beat some of those records with minimal effort.

What you have there is a genetic marvel WITH the help of undetectable drugs.
              there are for sure major drugs involved too. I absolutely agree with that.

Comment

Let me ask you this epix. Do you think it's absolutely impossible that Jamaica may have stumbled onto something in the lab maybe even by mistake that is superior to anything our track team has?

Comment

Let me ask you this epix. Do you think it's absolutely impossible that Jamaica may have stumbled onto something in the lab maybe even by mistake that is superior to anything our track team has?
                  It's possible. I'll give you that.

Comment

Lots of shit is discovered by complete mistake. Fermentation itself involved in so many drinks and food today was simply discovered by ancient people's forgetting about a food or liquid and coming back days later to find something unexpected. Same goes for drugs, especially hormones that in some cases we still don't know the exact mechanism of action. Hell drol has been out since 1960 and they still don't know how the fuck it interacts with the estrogen receptor.

The Jamaican drug program may very well be a case of blind luck. It would not be the first time. They don't have to be "more advanced" nessisarily to have stumbled onto an amazing PED that's the US doesn't have.

Comment

Working...
                    X