First Bi Shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Bi Shot.

Did 1 cc in the delts today (routine) and 1 cc in my left outer bi. I massaged it pretty good and it is a tad sore but nothing to cry about. Looks like there is some bruising around the site, otherwise everything went ok. I have never had a site bruise, is it ok.

I got a lot of site bruises from bi shots, no big deal

Comment

WHy do shots in small muscle groups? Stick with glutes and quads where absorption is best. I don't even bother with delts unless I am shooting every day so I have to rotate around a bit.

It has been shown that you unequivocally get more bang for your buck by sticking to larger muscle groups. The juice is more efficiently absorbed and released so higher AUC's are realized.

Comment

it will hurt tommorow i hate bi shots. what are you shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by spidey
          WHy do shots in small muscle groups? Stick with glutes and quads where absorption is best. I don't even bother with delts unless I am shooting every day so I have to rotate around a bit.

It has been shown that you unequivocally get more bang for your buck by sticking to larger muscle groups. The juice is more efficiently absorbed and released so higher AUC's are realized.
          I hate glute shots, I did 2 one time and I don't think I went in far enough and it messed me all up. Couldn't sit down or anything. I have yet to try again, maybe I will try a glute shot on thursday since I have some 1 1/2 inchers.

Comment

Couldn't pay me to shoot bi's.. :(

Comment

Originally posted by bigpetefox
              Couldn't pay me to shoot bi's.. :(
              It really isn't that bad. I went and looked at the locations to shoot on the web and just went at it.

Comment

I hear too many stories of nerve damage and the bis being abcess prone.. At least I've been told not to do mine, just thinking of it makes me cringe.. :(

Now I need a hug..

Comment

Originally posted by bigpetefox
                  I hear too many stories of nerve damage and the bis being abcess prone.. At least I've been told not to do mine, just thinking of it makes me cringe.. :(

Now I need a hug..
                  Now you have me all worried. I don't see how any muscle is more abcess prone then any other one though. If your technique is good and you are in the muscle and deep enough then there should be no problems.

Comment

i did bi's up to 2.5cc per side. no big deal, some bruising eventually. never hit a nerve but came close. abcess prone? i don't see how muscle size or location could be more or less prone to an abcess. after all its about sterility of gear and equipment, right?

interesting point about better absorbation in bigger muscles. better as in what? supporting docs?

Comment

Gear sterility, speed of injection, and site cleanliness are factors.. ;)

I just know too many guys who had that problem, didn't mean to sound all preachy and freaked out about it.. :p

I like spot injectin' my tris and pecs, anyway.. :agree:

Comment

i rarely ever get bruises... had them couple of times... small ones but they would stay there for a long time...

Comment

Working...
                        X