Saw Palmetto hinder gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Palmetto hinder gains?

On another board i read where sp hindered gains and strength?Is this true?Also they saidit would lower sex drive because it did something to DHT.

Listen. There have been very few studies that have shown that S.P actually helps with lowering DHT levels. But some people show less hair loss with doses of 320-350mgs/ed of S.P I know I've read that a LONG time ago, but the experiment showed very inconclusive evidence at best.

Next, I've noticed that doses of more then 300mgs/ed of S.P makes me look smoother and more bloated. I dont think it hinders your gains at all. PEACE! KIR

Comment

KIR you should be a mod

Comment

The etiology behind that statement is that SP disallowes testosterone to convert to DHT via the 5-alpha-reductase, thus hindering gains. But, DHT has little or no effect on hypertrophy, possibly on strength gains but not much in the realm of stopping you from packing on muscle.

Comment

God I love this place. Between you YellowJAcket and KIR I feel like I'm back in organic chemistry.
          You guys are great!

Comment

There has never been any studies that Saw Palmetto affects Test's conversion to DHT in anywhere but the prostate. Although DHT has many roles, reducing it slightly in the prostate should be of little worry towards gains.

Comment

Working...
            X