Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see everyone here!

Comment

Hi everyone,I came cross this site while I was looking for some info.I've been lifting for last twelwe years (all natural.I was anyway until four weeks ago.) I wanted to make some changes in my diet and my work outs. well lets rewind a bit for the last four of the five and ahalf years I've been a junk food junkie thanks to my x wife she couldn't stand me having a nice clean diet. I used to compete in natural bodybuilding shows and when I met her I just had done a natural show so,she liked me when I was in shape but she didn't like to do what it takes to stay in shape.so I went up from contest shape 160lbs to total tub of lard 210lbs.well since she moved out about a year ago,I got back in to working out and I lost 37lbs and I competed @173lbs middle weight class last july.I was not as sharp as I could have been but it was not easy to get back into good eating habits.well any ways. I am glad I found this site,this place has the coolest people I know without even meeting them in person.so here I am.

Comment

Word!

my name is ZHowitzer...or Howie for short...the story for my name is kinda fun (for another time) but basicly it is all about the big gunz!!! (kinda feel silly saying that around here)

I played FB in HS then was a in a fraturnity in College for the first 2 years and got FAT!...just over 200 actually. (5'10" and 185 @18). Then went to work out with the cheerleaders in college to try to get my hands on one of the girls...ended up making it...and ran my ass down to 176. Figured out that the stronger I was the higher they flew..and it was off to the races...back to 185 by the end of the first year...205 and solid for the next fall :)...by the time I was finally done cheering...I was 238 @ 9% body fat (also stronger than all but 2 guys on our football team...1 O-line out squat me...and 1 db out benched me). So...I graduated with my BS in Sports and Exercise science...and promptly took both the NSCA CPT and CSCS (holy shit..the cscs is one hard ass test) and passed.

From there I worked in the Industry for about 3 more years until I ended up in the wireless industry (scratching my head still about that one)....right about then I fell from grace...I had gotten up to about 255 half ass solid...but I did get a complement from Randy White (cowboys Hall of famer) the day I hit 400 on the bench...oh...then about 2 years later (somewhere I became too broke to feed myself @ 250). SO i quit training and all that crap..and ended up at 250, way sloppy, an alchaholic, and weak.

I had become what I swore I never would...MY FAJA!!!

Ok so Now I am back on track (been drink free for over 5 months now) and am 270 (still pretty soft) with some pretty impressive wt's for me...this week: Squat 495 for 5...Dead lifted 505 for 4...Military pressed 275 for 3...and benched 365 for 3 (with a healing pec)

Now ... What I have been dreading... cutting. Stay tuned!

hmmm...oh ... and I dont think I am known for SHORT posts :moon:

Comment

Originally posted by ZHowitzer!

I had become what I swore I never would...MY FAJA!!!

LOL I hear ya!

Congrats on not drinking!

Glad to see you both getting back into the game after some slip-ups. Muscle has amazing memory so you're never really starting from the beginning. :)

Comment

Hi, I'm Monkeygirl!

After way too long of doing nothing, I started working out semi-regularly in June- I used to be a little 'chunky', but I had lost about 25 lbs when I started back. As of three weeks ago, I go five or six days- I have a four day rotation for my weights, followed by cardio MOST days. I do a day or two of just cardio as well (which I used to hate with a passion, but now I am getting used to). I want to be toned and have just a little bicep- is that too much to ask??? I have ridiculously long limbs, so the bicep is a long way off........

I have made some progress with the weights, probably due to NO2, which my boyfriend declared a no-no. So now I am slugging it out the best I can, and I have been eating better. I basically try to balance my protein and carbs at each meal, and no more snacks- see, there is some benefit to being poor! :D And, there is literally nothing in our house that is processed or easy to snack on, also thanks to my boyfriend, Mr. I-watch-everything-that-I-put-in-my-body-oh-my-god-are-you-really-going-to-eat-that-Slim-Jim. It's a little over my head, really!

Anyway, I am 29 years old, 5'10", 135 lbs. (actually, a little under right now, but I'll get up there) and I haven't had my boody fat measured in a while, but I was at about 18% last time. Eventually, I might post some pics if you promise not to laugh!

My boyfriend has lots of nice things to say about this site, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeygirl
              Hi, I'm Monkeygirl!

After way too long of doing nothing, I started working out semi-regularly in June- I used to be a little 'chunky', but I had lost about 25 lbs when I started back. As of three weeks ago, I go five or six days- I have a four day rotation for my weights, followed by cardio MOST days. I do a day or two of just cardio as well (which I used to hate with a passion, but now I am getting used to). I want to be toned and have just a little bicep- is that too much to ask??? I have ridiculously long limbs, so the bicep is a long way off........

I have made some progress with the weights, probably due to NO2, which my boyfriend declared a no-no. So now I am slugging it out the best I can, and I have been eating better. I basically try to balance my protein and carbs at each meal, and no more snacks- see, there is some benefit to being poor! :D And, there is literally nothing in our house that is processed or easy to snack on, also thanks to my boyfriend, Mr. I-watch-everything-that-I-put-in-my-body-oh-my-god-are-you-really-going-to-eat-that-Slim-Jim. It's a little over my head, really!

Anyway, I am 29 years old, 5'10", 135 lbs. (actually, a little under right now, but I'll get up there) and I haven't had my boody fat measured in a while, but I was at about 18% last time. Eventually, I might post some pics if you promise not to laugh!

My boyfriend has lots of nice things to say about this site, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.
              Welcome monkeygirl :D

Comment

So who's your boyfriend?

Comment

Hey folks, Im BuddyBoy.

I'm 22 years old (23 on the17th!), and I'm 5'11, 215lbs.

I've been obsessed with the gym since i was 13. I wa an obese kid, that was sick of being a fatty. I got obsessed with diet and excersize.

When I was 18, I was in college and managed a GNC while goin to college. Now, i work full time for the State of California, and I work part time for a Gym. Hehe it helps keep me sane.

Over the past three years, I've done one natural caloric bulk which got me from 208lbs to 235lbs, and then earlier this year I did an assisted bulk which got me up to 247lbs.

Since April I've dieted down to 215lbs.

I lift about 3-4 times a week, and cardio 7 times a week. I also do polynesian dancing, and have won 1st and second place awards during international tahitian dance competitons.

The next thing I've tossed onto my plate is boxing training at the gym with Jenifer "All American" Alcorn.

:)

Comment

And, there is literally nothing in our house that is processed or easy to snack on
                    Same thing here...that is one of the easiest things you can do to stay on diet. My friends would come over and ask if we have chips and stuff...now they know if they want them, they have to bring them themselves. LOL

And if you post pics, no one will laugh at you! Remember, everyone started from the beginning initially! Glad to have you here and thanks to your b/f for the props for the site.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyBoy

The next thing I've tossed onto my plate is boxing training at the gym with Jenifer "All American" Alcorn.

:)
                      That and the dancing sounds like so much fun!

Always a pleasure to see you, hun!

Comment

So who's your boyfriend?
                        Sorry, beefcake. I don't even know his SN!!!

And, he has 150 lbs on me, so I know I can't compete with him here!! ;) I am thrilled when I can lift half of what he does!!

Comment

lol..we'll cal him monkey boy then ;)

Comment

LMAO!!
                            He would love to hear that!!:rofl:

I will probably stick to lurking for a while while I learn more about SM, but you guys seem great (and sarcastic, and intimidatingly well-informed).
                            Thanks for being so open to the newbies!

Comment

LMAO!!
                              He would love to hear that!!:rofl:

I will probably stick to lurking for a while while I learn more about SM, but you guys seem great (and sarcastic, and intimidatingly well-informed).
                              Thanks for being so open to the newbies!

Thanks for posting and welcome to SM... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X