Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a newbie?

Hi everyone!

I've used weight training in the past to lose weight-I went from over 200 down to about 135 and looked pretty good (I'm 5'2") and was solid. But then I got divorced and spent a little too much time on the couch if you know what I mean. Anyhow, I've put back on about 30lbs and am starting to work out again. My goals are to tighten up and define (I still want to look feminine) and drop my fat. I checked out this site on and off for the past few days and I just wanted to see if any one wouldn't mind sharing some tips on eating and supplements as these are my weak areas. Honestly I know nothing about supplements. Any advice would be much appreciated- Thanks so much!

You don't need to worry about supplements. You can look at this thread http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...highlight=diet and see if you like it. Just keep you diet as clean as possible and the fat will drop, which will tighten you up and as you get it low enough more definition will show.

Comment

I suggest a general multi vitamin for anyone who's trying to lose weight just to help and especially for women, a calcium/magnesium supplement.

There is some great diet advice on the board. The other post here I just replied to has some basic ideas for someone trying to lower bodyfat.

Search around in the recipies forum here...good ideas!

Welcome to the board!

Comment

Thanks so much for the replies- I have already found a lot of great info here. I'm going to stick around as I hope to learn more- any thoughts on calorie intake folks? I'm also confused about how much protein I need and am trying to over come my carb addiction = )

Comment

To find out your basic caloric needs to maintain, take your bodyweight and multiply by 9. Since you want to lose some weight, you'll have to be below that number (try 200 to 250 cal's a day below and see how that goes for the first week or so). As for protein, 1 to 1.5 gram per pound of your weight to maintain, 1.5 to 2 g if you're trying to build muscle, don't go below 1 even when you're dieting because otherwise you'll be losing muscle.

Comment

Working...
          X