Starting to workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to workout?

I have done the Body for Life and a bunch of other diets but I always go back to the old weight. I want to be lean and cut. I need help getting started.

I'm 30 years old
    I weight 230 lbs don't know my BF
    I need to lose weight for health reasons
    I want to be around 190-195 but cut.

I have worked out before and I like the way it makes me feel. My biggest problems is I don't know what to eat and when to eat it. I also don't know what to lift and how much.

I also want to do it natural no gear.
    I have used suppliments and I have no problem with them but again I don't know what to take?

Can you guys help. My goal is to get there my July 15th my 31st birthday.

It appears you tried the "Body for Life", but don't have the willpower to continue the lifestyle. I've only glanced through the book, but it looks as if it holds your hand through the whole process, and tells you what and when to eat. Hopefully you are aware that your gonna have to change your lifestyle....permanently. Your goal of getting "cut" @ 190 lbs. is going to be hard if you don't already have alot of muscle mass. I'm not going to lay out a full diet for you, because the Body for Life diet seems to be sufficient enough for your goals. I suggest you pick the book back up, and start again, but this time.....don't stop once you lose the weight. You'll have to make a lifetime commitment to eating right, and exercising. If you don't, you will most definitely wind up back where you started. Good luck!!

Comment

:agree:
      wether you want to gain weight or lose it you must continue your diet accordingly to maintain your desired body compsition.

Comment

Hey bro, good luck on getting started. There is an endless amount of info on this site. Here is a some what related post that may help.

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ghlight=cardio

Comment

Re: Starting to workout?

Welcome to the board!

Originally posted by jonnyjohn74
          I have done the Body for Life and a bunch of other diets but I always go back to the old weight. I want to be lean and cut. I need help getting started.
          Getting started is the easy part, it's staying committed that's the tougher part but it's the only way to get lasting results!

My favorite book for training is The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Get it. It will go through more than you can imagine and it's an easy read...don't be put off by it's size (thick as a telephone book). It has a section devoted to diet as well and you'll get a lot of fundamentals. Go through the book for a few days, read up on diet and training and you'll have some good basics to start with.

Also search through the diet and training forums here. If you don't understand something, ask questions. :)

Comment

Thanks everyone I did like the Body for Life diet I have the will power to change but like everone say's it's hard to stay on with.

Is my goal to big to be done by July?

Thanks for the book info puddles! I'll look for it.

I have a book called the Cover Model Workout this is what I am looking for as far as body type. Here a the deit he use's is there any thing I should change?

Breakfast:
            4 egg whites 1 yolk w/ spinach tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of flaxseed. or
            1 cup of oat bran with low fat milk 1/2 banana and 1 teaspoon brown sugar.

Mid morning snack:
            Smoothie 30g of pro. or more
            or
            2 med apples w/ 2 tablespoons of pb
            or
            Chicken or Turkey w/ salad
            or
            Meal rep. bar high pro. low sugar

Lunch:
            fish and brown rice or chicken
            or
            Chicken and salad or fish or lean red meat
            or
            Meat and veg (asparagus, broc.,cauli, carrots)

Dinner:
            Fish or chicken or turkey or lean red meat w/ veg. above add spices for flavor
            or
            Meat and beans (red, black, kidney)

is there anything I should change?
            Last edited by jonnyjohn74; 03-04-05, 04:04 PM.

Comment

My suggestions are in bold.

Breakfast:
              4 egg whites 1 yolk w/ spinach tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of flaxseed. You could use some complex carbs to keep your energy up in the morning so add in half a cup of oatmeal cooked in water with some splenda and cinnamon
              or
              1 cup of oat bran with low fat milk 1/2 banana and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Too many carbs in the skim milk, bannana and sugar, stick with the first option

Mid morning snack:
              Smoothie 30g of pro. or more
              or
              2 med apples w/ 2 tablespoons of pb if you go with this option, just eat one apple to keep the carbs lower
              or
              Chicken or Turkey w/ salad you could skip the salad for convenience and just eat the meat, about 4 ozs for a snack.
              or
              Meal rep. bar high pro. low sugar

Lunch:
              fish and brown rice or chicken
              or
              Chicken and salad or fish or lean red meat
              or
              Meat and veg (asparagus, broc.,cauli, carrots)

Add in a snack here. About 20 almonds would be a good idea.

Dinner:
              Fish or chicken or turkey or lean red meat w/ veg. above add spices for flavor
              or
              Meat and beans (red, black, kidney)

Another snack could be added in here before bedtime, half a cup of lowfat cottage cheese is a good choice.

You didn't mention portions for the meats for lunch and dinner. Be careful to not go too light, I think 6-8 ozs would be right for a guy.

Make sure you're consuming pleanty of water, minimum of a gallon a day. It facilitates fat loss, helps satisfy your hunger, and keeps you hydrated which is great for your skin shrinking as you loose weight.

It's also a good idea to include one cheat day a week. Don't go overboard, but induldge a bit in a lunch or dinner. This will help boost your metabolism and having the cheat meal to look forward to may help prevent you from cheating at other times.

Take a good multi vitamin too. :)

July is a long time away, you should have good results by then. Try this for a few weeks and see how your progress is going.
              Last edited by Puddles; 03-07-05, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X