Looking for some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some guidance

I've been reading around the forum for a while, and its helped alot. Just looking for any advice anyone could give to help me out.

Let me start out by saying I'm 19 and a female in college. I'm not terribly out of shape, but I would like to tone up and maybe lose some weight. I'm about 5'5" and about 130 lbs. I'm semi active, as I'm a cheerleader. I have practice about 2-3 times a week on average over the year. It's pretty good cardio, and it also helps me stay limber. I used to be in Cross country in HS, and sometimes, SOMETIMES still like to run. Anyways, I'd like to drop a few pounds, and just overall be a healthier person. My diet is pretty horrible, as I never really had to worry about what I ate, becuase I stayed pretty thin in High School. I know I should stop eating Pre-packaged foods, and crap with grease dripping off of it.. ;)

I need help with easy things to make to eat without making a drastic lifestyle change right away. During the summer I work 6-2, but only get 2 ten minute breaks to eat at 9:20 and noon. Other than that, I can take longer to prepare something.

Sorry for the extreme long first post, but thanks for any help in advance!

Mandy

Sounds like you have identified the problem. It's more of a lifestyle commitment than anything at this point. Eat high fiber foods, vegies and no carbs within 4-5 hours of bed. hit cardio on days you don't have practice, leaving only one day of rest. Just eat healthy...fruits earl;y in the day, vegies later. Each meal should have some kind of protein source, perhaps 20g or more. If you are dieting, it either has to be low fat or low carb. You could start with low fat, then go to low carb to get those extra lbs off.

Comment

Here's a basic diet that I have found the few women I have given it to liked it enough to work with.http://superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/...highlight=diet It of course can be tweaked if there are certaing things you can't stand or if there is something you are curious if you can add. Do you do any weight training?

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't do any weight training, but since we stunt in cheerleading, I lift bodies alot. lol. My arms and legs and abs normally get sore after practice. Not ideal, but at least my muscles are somewhat active. I'm Once college starts back up in the fall i will have better access to the gym again.

I'll have to start reading lables better, in order to ask more educated questions.. thanks! :)

Comment

Working...
        X