X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, I understand now. Thanks again :D

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGT
      I'm not looking to become a bodybuilder though. I just want to put on some extra muscle for health reasons, to help get my metabolism up, I think I have low metabolism because I've always found it hard to lose any weight (fat). So, is soy protein okay to use in my case? Or should I still get whey and casein?

And thanks for that link Puddles, page 2 was really interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

Speaking of foods...I just remembered that I regularly eat something that has soy protein in it. You know those soy veggie burgers? I buy ones that have chicken flavoring in them. They're pretty good.

I've recently been incorporating soy products into my protein regimen. It's only been for a few weeks now (I'm a little leary doing this but I'll see how my body reacts). Read the labels and keep an eye on the fat in soy products, some can be pretty high. Even tofu has varying amounts of fat in it. I'm also using things like lentils for my complex carbs as they also have protein in them. Seasoned grilled tofu is pretty good to eat plain, and I like cubed tofu with a little salt and pepper on a salad with balsamic vinnigar. I've been eating the same diet for a few yrs. now and it's just time for a change and I'm quite boared with beef and chicken. Now eating more fish, eggs, carbs that have protein like lentils, nuts, and soy products. I'm still eating chicken and beef, just less. I also don't use shakes often as they bother my intestines, instead I use whole foods.

In your case I'd go with whey protein right after you work out. I'd use the soy products as whole foods and a casein protein shake for protein at another time of the day like before bed or with breakfast if you have a few hrs. before getting into the gym. Or if you don't want to have different kinds of shakes, just stick with the whey IMO.

Comment

Working...
      X