Working on a routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrippersGirl
    I always drink non-fat milk, does that make a difference? I'm 5'2".
    8oz of nonfat milk has 12g of sugar. It's still no better than the others.

Comment

Here are the links Puddles wanted to attach - the second one is excellent!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fitday.com/

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...wjacket+BMR%2A

Comment

I just clicked on the bottom link and figured out my BMR. My BMR is 1538.4 and if I wanted to loose 1 pound per week then I would need to eat 2307.6 calories per day. Now I need to look at what I eat and figure out the calories. Here is my diet so far for the week.

Saturday: Optimum Cereal, grapefruit and chicken/salad/brown rice

Sunday: Cereal, Turkey meat/4-5 tortilla chips/tomatoe, tuna, a few cranberries

Monday: Oatmeal, Tuna, chicken/brown rice, a few cranberries, frozen fruit and ice blended to make a smoothie.

Comment

Is that all you are eating each day?

Comment

Thanks for posting the links, fog hat!

Originally posted by Shibby
            Is that all you are eating each day?

That's typical for so many women.

TG, you really can't focus on building muscle at the same time as burning fat so you'll need to decide if you want to lose fat and risk losing the muscle you already do have or if you'd like to just gain some muscle first, I suggest gaining some muscle first. The more muscle your body has, the more cal's you'll burn on a daily basis, therefore when it's time to lose the fat it will be much easier.

I know it's gonna be hard to accept but you really do need to be eating a lot more. Your body has been deprived of cal's and nutrients so it's in starvation mode right now, requiring few cal's to survive and anything above what it's used to will be stored as fat until you trick it back to normal. I would start to increase your daily intake slowly instead of all at once, maybe over the course of 2 weeks. You may see an increase in weight but that will only be temporary, once your metabolism gets back to normal it'll even out and if you're training hard, the only weight gain you should notice will be muscular, not fat.

Comment

Working...
            X