No announcement yet.

Newbie chin-up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't need to call you out through a PM. You did it openly to Scrumhalf for a simple legitament question. Now you are also implying that he's not serious about fitness(complete speculation) because he gets his workout from a magazine.

Here's another one that you said to MarcusBMF

Originally posted by swollpatroll
    That's endurance, not speed. Speed is gained by training your fast twitch muscle fibers.

BEEF GOT YOU ON THAT ONE.
    You are trying to stir shit up for no reason. I'm not going to have it. It's as simple as shape up or ship out.
    Last edited by Shibby; 05-06-06, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I am sure I am not as big as you are, lift as much as you do or know as much as you do but for you to come into the Beginner's Forum and castigate and make fun of someone for asking a beginner's question is, in my opinion, not cool at all.
      Last edited by Scrumhalf; 05-06-06, 12:10 PM.

Comment

you have been a member for two years

Comment

alright shib i see what you are saying and that statement you quoted was in no way me trying to start shit i just agree with beef on his post.

Comment

Totally irrelevant.

This is going to be my last post on this topic (apologies to the OP for diverting his thread). I am forty years old and have been lifting for a long time. That does not mean that I know everything or that everything I have picked up over the years is right. That's why I read these forums (including the beginner's section) because I am always learning new or unlearning some misconceptions.

Comment

and you have been a member for a month and half. Who empowered you with the vast knowledge and position in this community to go after and established, not to mention well liked, member? Stick around and pay attention to the level of respect we have for each other.

Comment

I have been empowered with the vast knowledge but I don't have the position in this community to go after an established, not to mention well liked and for that I will agree with you I was wrong but understand that my training skills are FOR REAL.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmfreek
                  Hey guys.... I just bought a chin up bar that goes in the doorway. I can do only 4-5 pull ups and I cant even do 1 chin up. How can I work my way up to doing chin ups? I was thinking maybe just hang from the bar in chin up position for a while? Any help would be sweet. Thanks

just keep doing them each week.,,set small goals and reach them. I remember when I could only do 1,,now i can rep out forever.

Comment

Pull ups are big in the Marine Corps. Its one of three things in the Physical Fitness Test that we did every year. Here is something we used to do. Try a pyramid of pull-ups: work your way up from one pull-up, then return down the pyramid repeating in reverse order (1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1). If you cant do 6 just work back down from your max. Bascially just do alot of pull ups.

Comment

Do negatives, kipping, jumping, static holds.

Look into getting an elastic band to loop over your bar and under your legs to assist you.

Comment

Working...
                      X