• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-6 cups?? lol - do you run across TX and back :P

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
      Geez...4-6 cups of coffee would have me running too...to the bathroom! :nerdnew:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
        I wish...I miss running and that runner's high that you get. For me, it was either a great run or a not so great run. I didn't experience many in between runs, but the caffeine seemed to always give me a boost...probably more mental than anything.

My friends would laugh when we'd be driving to a 5K, and I'd be sucking down one of those huge biggie sized soft drink containers full of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone
          Personally, I always enjoyed downing 4 - 6 cups of coffee in the morning on an empty stomach and then hitting the road or treadmill.

Keep up the good work!
          You gave great advice SOB, im just concerned about throwing in the secret tips whilst he is still in the baby stages. Probably a good idea to then inform him that even though that got you through 5k runs, it would be a really bad idea for someone like him with high blood pressure to be downing shit loads of coffee before running & he should follow the rule book atleast untill he gets to a certain stage. Ofcourse I know you are speaking of your own experience & your not suggesting he go do it, but this guy seems pretty desperate and desperate people do desperate things. And desperate people without knowledge wanting to lose weight will always try & find that short cut. If he has high blood pressure and borderlining diabetes & starts high dosages of caffeine and then trys to run, he is gonna need 911 on stand by.

Comment

NO Worries on the coffee

No Need to worry about the coffee! Dont really like the stuff. I am doing cardio twice a day empty in the a.m. w/walking and building from there. eating things I have found on here cutting calories to about 2000 a day and increasing protien to about 250gr thats about a gram per lb of body weight.
            No fat burning supplement. Muscle milk, Syntrax straw/kiwi & lemonade for extra protien. and lots of h2o. & a good multi vitamin. oH YEAH WENT BACK TO THE DR. AND SHE SAID SHE WANTS ME DOWN TO 190-200 LBS. which I would say is my Gut! LOL I told her I can do it & I will. thinking of posting before and after pics.
            Last edited by knuckleboy21; 10-09-06, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Good points Kaz. Because I regularly consume caffeine, I most likely have developed a tolerance.

Hey knuckleboy, I really liked that Muscle Milk, but I've started finding information that suggests that their product may be flawed a bit. Two things: 1) the MCT's may not be as efficient as people once thought meaning that you could be consuming a lot of unnecessary fat. 2) The creatine precursor that they use, Glycocyamine, doesn't mean more creatine is available to the body. Yet, other compounds could be introduced. Just google "Glycocyamine and Health", read the links and decide for yourself. To me there are enough proteins on the market to avoid questionable ones.

Also, if and when you start to slow down on the weight loss, it may be because your body has adapted and/or thinks you're depriving yourself by consistently eating at a caloric deficit. If this occurs then I'd recommend that you zig zag the # of calories you're getting...one day over eat and another day under eat. What I'd recommend is determine base caloric needs and then average eating 80% of your needs.

For example, say your caloric needs are 3500 calories/day. Then you could do something like eat .8 of 3500 or 2800 on day 1, followed by day 2 .6 2100, d3 1 3500, d4 .6 2100, d5 1.2 4200, d6 .6 2100, d7 .8 2800. By doing this, you would have eaten 19600 calories while your base needs are 24500. Since 3500 calories ='s roughly a pound that could mean a lose of ~1.5 lbs.

Anyway, just something else to keep in mind down the road & glad to hear things are progressing well.

Comment

Working...
              X