No announcement yet.

Bulk first or Cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest you run a simple test e or cycp cycle and eat as clean as possible with good cardio - that combination should allow you to gain muscle while stripping fat - this process should take place quite easily once your diet and cardio is in check even without gear added

how long have you been lifting and what exactly are your goals - bodybuilding or power?

Comment

Originally posted by Deacon
      I would suggest you run a simple test e or cycp cycle and eat as clean as possible with good cardio - that combination should allow you to gain muscle while stripping fat - this process should take place quite easily once your diet and cardio is in check even without gear added

how long have you been lifting and what exactly are your goals - bodybuilding or power?
      NO NO NO NO NO, do not listen to that. Read his posts, he is obviously a beginner to working out or at least coming back to it. Do not use gear.
      If you eat clean, ie no ice cream, chocolate, whatever else, and start lifting with a few cardio sessions each week, then you will be down in weight and up in muscle in a very short time. Beefcake had it right.

Comment

You can do both. You bodies homeostasis will increase protien synthesis in an effort to replace the weight you are losing.

The is actually truth to the phrase "turning fat into muscle".

You body will try to maintain a constant weight and adjust homrone levels to achieve its own goal. Use this to your advantage.

3 days of cardio, 3-4 days of lifitng. Clean diet and sleep well.

You could also train with a off the beaten path protocol suck as crossfit or parkour. These 2 systems do an incredible job of both leaning you out and increasing mass and funcitonality.

Comment

Originally posted by snowshark84
          NO NO NO NO NO, do not listen to that. Read his posts, he is obviously a beginner to working out or at least coming back to it. Do not use gear.
          If you eat clean, ie no ice cream, chocolate, whatever else, and start lifting with a few cardio sessions each week, then you will be down in weight and up in muscle in a very short time. Beefcake had it right.

how did you figure that out from his posts?

5' 10" and 190? are you sure your 20% bf?

Comment

Wow, this is a questions I would really like an answer too also and it seems everyone has a different opinion. But I think what he was asking was to bulk (as in increasing calorie intake to attain size) or lose body fat first. I think the concern, at least for me, is, if I already have a lot of body fat and then am increasing calories, taking whey, creatine and stuff, wont that make it more difficult to lose the fat? Won't I have to work out twice as hard?

Comment

Working...
            X