The problems with typical bodybuilding splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
    so this is what I came up with for the first push day....

M 2/25/08
    -Flat Bench 4x10
    -DB Shoulder Press 4x10
    -Pec Dec 3x10
    -One Arm Lateral Raises 2x10 (each arm)
    -Seated DB Extensions behind the head 3x10

this ok??
    That's fine, that shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so.

Comment

control, wouldn't pec dec be considered a pull movement? ^

Comment

When you do a pench press, are your pecs not pulling your shoulders forward?

OH THE MYSTERY =-D

Yeah some exercises are diffifult to place.

Comment

no, i would definitly consider bench a push movement. but flys or pec deck to me would be a pull. it certainly isnt a push.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            control, wouldn't pec dec be considered a pull movement? ^
            I never really thought about it but I would definitely do them on push day.

Comment

no, i would definitly consider bench a push movement. but flys or pec deck to me would be a pull. it certainly isnt a push.
              Its the idea that when you push someone away from you, you are using what muscles? When you are pulling someone towards you, you aren't using your pecs are you? Think about it like that, does that help explain the difference? I can completely see where you are coming from though, you're not actually pusing anything in a fly motion, but think about what the muscle you are working is intended to do.

Comment

I gotta tell you guys, I really don't like this type of routine. I think the way my normal routine is, 2-3 sets per muscle group, heavy and intense works best for me. This current plan just feel so unorganized.

And hell, if you think about it, most of my workouts are push or pull anyway. Chest day is all push if you include flys. Biceps is all pull, triceps is all push, legs etc..

Comment

I gotta tell you guys, I really don't like this type of routine. I think the way my normal routine is, 2-3 sets per muscle group, heavy and intense works best for me. This current plan just feel so unorganized.

And hell, if you think about it, most of my workouts are push or pull anyway. Chest day is all push if you include flys. Biceps is all pull, triceps is all push, legs etc..
                  Thats the point though, they say we're 'over-training' the muscle because we use it in secondary motions so much when focusing on different body parts. I am kind of confused about this as well, because it seems as though I'm not really shedding down on the amount I actively workout the muscle if I try the new routine.

Am I making any sense to anyone?

Comment

I've done a push and a pull workout and felt great about them. Tonight is legs but that workout wont change. But whether it feels good or not right now it will be a month before I can tell if it is working or not.

What I do like is the fact that I get to change up my workouts every week so it will always be original and never get boring.

Comment

Its not for everyone. Its just a different approach.

today I did 3 rounds of:

400m run
                      35 bodyweight squats
                      20 back extensions

Comment

my issue with this plan is that i feel some muscles are sore and i am doing them over and over again while others aren't as sore and they get hit less. i feel my other routine was a more complete muscle stimulating workout. you would have to see how i train though to know what i am talking about. i dont do 4-5 sets for each muscle group. i do 2-3 very hard, heavy and controlled and i am done.

Comment

my issue with this plan is that i feel some muscles are sore and i am doing them over and over again while others aren't as sore and they get hit less. i feel my other routine was a more complete muscle stimulating workout. you would have to see how i train though to know what i am talking about. i dont do 4-5 sets for each muscle group. i do 2-3 very hard, heavy and controlled and i am done.
                          You're sore from a previous workout or you're sore from execises you did earlier in the same workout? Are you doing alot more total sets each workout?

Comment

Originally posted by Control View Post
                            You're sore from a previous workout or you're sore from execises you did earlier in the same workout? Are you doing alot more total sets each workout?
                            i don't know what kind of gibberish you just said. :)

i am saying that following your plan, some muscles are getting over trained while others don't feel like they are getting hit enough.

Comment

i don't know what kind of gibberish you just said. :)

i am saying that following your plan, some muscles are getting over trained while others don't feel like they are getting hit enough.
                              Which muscles feel like they're being over-worked, back and chest?

Comment

Originally posted by Control View Post
                                Which muscles feel like they're being over-worked, back and chest?
                                body parts such as shoulders and chest feel like they are being trained to much. arms in general fell under trained.

Comment

Working...
                                X