Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
    I wanna see those 20 " arms.
    Control hasn't ever posted pictures that I'm aware of but Mr. Incredible's arms are definitely near the 19 to 20 inch mark bro...

Comment

• Well thats why I do the big squats cause I don't have ass. Maybe if I used some a.a.s. I would grow an ass. I knew that would get me in trouble but I didn't realize what I had written until I was driving.
      Thanks Control when I plateau I will definitely give it a look or whatever it takes to break it. As for diet I am tired of eating. I am thinking about cutting just so I can stop eating all the time.
      Last edited by 3v1lj03; 04-26-08, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
        Well thats why I do the big squats cause I don't have ass. Maybe if I used some a.a.s. I would grow an ass. I knew that would get me in trouble but I didn't realize what I had written until I was driving.
        Thanks Control when I plateau I will definitely give it a look or whatever it takes to break it. As for diet I am tired of eating. I am thinking about cutting just so I can stop eating all the time.
        Add some light cardio to increase your appetite.

Comment

• I actually tried do arms on their own day again just to mix things up. I wasn't any stronger on my arm exercises than I am after training major muscle groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Control View Post
            I actually tried do arms on their own day again just to mix things up. I wasn't any stronger on my arm exercises than I am after training major muscle groups.
            not sure what you are saying here. are you basically saying that everything you have said in this thread may be wrong in that you haven't gotten any stronger?

maybe i misread.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              not sure what you are saying here. are you basically saying that everything you have said in this thread may be wrong in that you haven't gotten any stronger?

maybe i misread.
              Training major muscle groups wont make him stronger in bi isolation exercises. It will make him stronger in more functional movement.

Point in case, I can clean much more now than I could 30 lbs heavier, but I cant even come close to my preacher curl max.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nekrawulf View Post
                Training major muscle groups wont make him stronger in bi isolation exercises. It will make him stronger in more functional movement.

Point in case, I can clean much more now than I could 30 lbs heavier, but I cant even come close to my preacher curl max.
                ahh, i see. thanks

Comment

• Grinder and dna how is it going with the push pull?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                    Grinder and dna how is it going with the push pull?
                    the major difference i have seen is in the leg press and sqauts

slight gains in my triceps and back

a few things i noticed, when i do a set of back i can't do shit for biceps. I will curl my regular weight, but when i hit the 4th rep my arms are done.
                    since i am doing back than biceps my forearms are now getting worked out hard. I supersetted my traps a few times and that felt good.

Since this week is finals week, i made a new plan regement for the rest of the summer:

Monday: Push
                    Tuesday: 1hr Cardio
                    Wednedsy: Pull
                    Thrusday: 1hr Cardio
                    Friday: Legs
                    Sat/Sun: OFF

i am still debating to work or not during the summer, i could use the money, but than again i can concentrate heavily on bodybuilding
                    so i am still debating that out

Comment

• Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

maybe i misread.
                      I'm saying that I can train biceps just as heavy after training back as I can training them "fresh". Same with triceps, I couldn't do anymore weight or any more reps training them after biceps than I can when I train them after hitting chest. I guess this is just a matter of adaptation since I've been doing push/pull/legs for a long time.

After I get done with this little mini-cutting cycle I'm on I might experiment with a full-body routine. I've been wanting to do one for awhile just to change things up. Something like

Day 1:
                      dips
                      rows
                      pec-deck
                      squats

Off

Off

Day 2:
                      military press
                      pull-ups
                      raises
                      deadlifts

Repeat

Something like that...

Comment

• Hey Control, say I wanted to cut up a little bit. Should I switch to another split other than push/pull/legs to encourage hypertrophy or could I stick with it and still get good results?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                          Hey Control, say I wanted to cut up a little bit. Should I switch to another split other than push/pull/legs to encourage hypertrophy or could I stick with it and still get good results?
                          cutting has nothing to do with training. has only to do with diet and cardio.

Comment

• I think I am going to add an arms day just to mix things up. So a 2 day on 1 off split might look like this..

-Chest/Shoulders
                            -Back/Rear Delts
                            -Off
                            -Legs
                            -Arms
                            -Off
                            -Repeat

Basically the same as the push/pull/legs but im pulling tris and bis out of push and pull and putting them together. I think my body is getting really used to the workout so I'd like to see if this helps. Plus it seems like I'm not getting enough of a break between my deadlift days and between my squat days, so maybe this will also help the big muscle groups recover a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                              I think I am going to add an arms day just to mix things up. So a 2 day on 1 off split might look like this..

-Chest/Shoulders
                              -Back/Rear Delts
                              -Off
                              -Legs
                              -Arms
                              -Off
                              -Repeat

Basically the same as the push/pull/legs but im pulling tris and bis out of push and pull and putting them together. I think my body is getting really used to the workout so I'd like to see if this helps. Plus it seems like I'm not getting enough of a break between my deadlift days and between my squat days, so maybe this will also help the big muscle groups recover a bit.
                              by adding an arm day you effectively go back to regular style training.

Comment

• Well i the way I used to train was still a lot less push/pull-ish than this. Hell it used to be Chest-Back-Shoulders-Legs-Triceps-Biceps, so I think a 4 day split will still help me get the benefits control was talking about and give my big muscle groups a bit more rest. Not to mention I really don't think my arms are getting the work they need as my body adapts to this workout. We'll see though. I'll try it for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X