weight loss for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight loss for my wife

Is it possible to lose weight at all if your thyroid is too slow, even if your exercising and diet is spot on?

Originally posted by mormonmuscle View Post
    Is it possible to lose weight at all if your thyroid is too slow, even if your exercising and diet is spot on?
    the simple science of it is this.. if you are taking in less cals then your are burning, you will lose weight. nothing changes this.

a thyroid problem may slow down the rate at which your body burns cals but the rule that i posted above does not change.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      the simple science of it is this.. if you are taking in less cals then your are burning, you will lose weight. nothing changes this.

a thyroid problem may slow down the rate at which your body burns cals but the rule that i posted above does not change.
      K, my wife says that she has been eating about 15 carbs and 25 protein 5 times a day, and less than 20 grams of fat per day. She runs about 5-10 miles a day. She also takes clen for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks off. Her BMR is just under 1600 calories a day, and she is eating about 1000 calories a day, but she isn't losing any weight, and it has been 2 months now. I don't want her to get discouraged, but how can you not when you go through all that effort and still no weight loss? I know hormones play a big part on the body to function properly, so I'll let you know that she has had a partial hyserectomy 4 years ago, but I am stumped on what her problem is.
      Last edited by mormonmuscle; 01-28-09, 08:23 AM.

Comment

K, my wife says that she has been eating about 15 carbs and 25 protein 5 times a day, and less than 20 grams of fat per day. She runs about 5-10 miles a day. She also takes clen for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks off. Her BSR is just under 1600 calories a day, and she is eating about 1000 calories a day, but she isn't losing any weight, and it has been 2 months now. I don't want her to get discouraged, but how can you not when you go through all that effort and still no weight loss? I know hormones play a big part on the body to function properly, so I'll let you know that she has had a partial hyserectomy 4 years ago, but I am stumped on what her problem is.
        if her breakdown is 15 carbs, 25 protein 5 times a day, and less then 20 grams fat a day, that comes out to about 980 cals. not even 1000.

if she is truly eating that few calories, and running 10 miles a day, she is not human if she doesn't loose weight. her body is probably burning at least 3k-4k if she is running that long.

honestly bro, i would question if she is being truthful or if she really understands the calorie breakdown of her foods.

Comment

if her breakdown is 15 carbs, 25 protein 5 times a day, and less then 20 grams fat a day, that comes out to about 980 cals. not even 1000.

if she is truly eating that few calories, and running 10 miles a day, she is not human if she doesn't loose weight. her body is probably burning at least 3k-4k if she is running that long.

honestly bro, i would question if she is being truthful or if she really understands the calorie breakdown of her foods.
          I help her prepare her meals, I watch what she eats, and she is most definately following that carb protein ratio. I too thought that she's not human for not losing any weight, but I can assure you that she is doing just that. She could be eating the same amount of calories as me, and with that much running she should still lose weight. That's why I asked about her thyroid, cuz I really am stumped.

Comment

I help her prepare her meals, I watch what she eats, and she is most definately following that carb protein ratio. I too thought that she's not human for not losing any weight, but I can assure you that she is doing just that. She could be eating the same amount of calories as me, and with that much running she should still lose weight. That's why I asked about her thyroid, cuz I really am stumped.
            is she really running 5-10 miles a day?

i don't see how its possible to consume so little and physically do so much. forget about fat. your body would eat muscle, bone, etc..

Comment

is she really running 5-10 miles a day?

i don't see how its possible to consume so little and physically do so much. forget about fat. your body would eat muscle, bone, etc..
              I agree, that is why I am stumped. I go to the gym with her and I see her and talk to her often. She runs at a 6.5-7 on the speed with an incline of 1-1.5. She runs for 1-2 hours per day, sometimes twice a day, depending on her time limit, at that pace the whole time. I know this doesn't make any sense, but I watch what she eats and I watch her run, she is being honest, I am a witness to all of it. She is as desperate to lose weight as I am trying to gain it, so she is being just as dedicated with her program as I am, but she still has no results. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that her blood work shows that her estrogen, her progesterone, and testosterone levels are all very low? If I was in your shoes Bouncer, I would be saying the same thing if someone came to me for advice, but like I said, I witness all that she does. Also like I said earlier if she was eating the same calories as me (3500) she should still lose weight with her exercising.:)

Comment

I agree, that is why I am stumped. I go to the gym with her and I see her and talk to her often. She runs at a 6.5-7 on the speed with an incline of 1-1.5. She runs for 1-2 hours per day, sometimes twice a day, depending on her time limit, at that pace the whole time. I know this doesn't make any sense, but I watch what she eats and I watch her run, she is being honest, I am a witness to all of it. She is as desperate to lose weight as I am trying to gain it, so she is being just as dedicated with her program as I am, but she still has no results. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that her blood work shows that her estrogen, her progesterone, and testosterone levels are all very low? If I was in your shoes Bouncer, I would be saying the same thing if someone came to me for advice, but like I said, I witness all that she does. Also like I said earlier if she was eating the same calories as me (3500) she should still lose weight with her exercising.:)
                if her estrogen and progesterone are low she should actually have and easier time burning fat. high estrogen levels encourage fat gain.

maybe you should go check the thyroid bro. i really dont have answer.

let me ask you, is she fat? has she always had a hard time with weight? genetics can be a cruel thing but should still adhere to the rules of science.

Comment

if her estrogen and progesterone are low she should actually have and easier time burning fat. high estrogen levels encourage fat gain.

maybe you should go check the thyroid bro. i really dont have answer.

let me ask you, is she fat? has she always had a hard time with weight? genetics can be a cruel thing but should still adhere to the rules of science.
                  She was 5'5" and 112 lbs. in High school, and was a state competitor in Cross Country. She was in fantastic shape, and looked awesome. She has had 5 surgery's on her stomach, 3 of them were c-sections. It took a toll on her, plus after our first kid she was losing the weight, and then it just stopped, cuz she was pregnant again, so our kids are 13 months apart. She put on even more weight, and after another kid and 2 more surgery's her body just didn't lose the weight anymore. She was up to 195 lbs. last year, and with her running and diet with clen she lost 30 lbs. in 4 months, and now she can't lose it at all. She is currently 165 lbs. but she was a knockout before, so I don't think she has a high tendency to be fat. Even if she did it doesn't mean she still couldn't lose weight, it would just be more difficult. No different than me, I would still weigh 100 lbs. if it were up to my gentetics. Just giving you more insight, but we are going to get her thyroid checked like you said, and I guess we'll go from there. Thanks Bouncer!:)

Comment

She was 5'5" and 112 lbs. in High school, and was a state competitor in Cross Country. She was in fantastic shape, and looked awesome. She has had 5 surgery's on her stomach, 3 of them were c-sections. It took a toll on her, plus after our first kid she was losing the weight, and then it just stopped, cuz she was pregnant again, so our kids are 13 months apart. She put on even more weight, and after another kid and 2 more surgery's her body just didn't lose the weight anymore. She was up to 195 lbs. last year, and with her running and diet with clen she lost 30 lbs. in 4 months, and now she can't lose it at all. She is currently 165 lbs. but she was a knockout before, so I don't think she has a high tendency to be fat. Even if she did it doesn't mean she still couldn't lose weight, it would just be more difficult. No different than me, I would still weigh 100 lbs. if it were up to my gentetics. Just giving you more insight, but we are going to get her thyroid checked like you said, and I guess we'll go from there. Thanks Bouncer!:)
                    yea, i bet with the surgery and the kids some kind of hormonal imbalance/thyroid issue came about. she might be a candidate for HRT.

Comment

yea, i bet with the surgery and the kids some kind of hormonal imbalance/thyroid issue came about. she might be a candidate for HRT.
                      That's kind of what we are thinking so we are checking on it. Thanks.

Comment

im a little confused was she diagnosised with hypothrodism? maybe she should be on thyroid medication?

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                          im a little confused was she diagnosised with hypothrodism? maybe she should be on thyroid medication?
                          She hasn't been checked yet, we were going to. I was just wondering if having a hypothyroid would keep you from losing weight even if the diet and exercise were right on.

Comment

I was just wondering if having a hypothyroid would keep you from losing weight even if the diet and exercise were right on.
                            i would have thought no but after hearing how little she eats and how much she runs, i might have to change my way of thinking for some people.

Comment

i would have thought no but after hearing how little she eats and how much she runs, i might have to change my way of thinking for some people.

Still sounds impossible? Running for 1-2 hours and eating less than 1000 calories a day?! :wacko:

Comment

Working...
                              X