This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weightloss

With the advice I've been given last week from this site I'm all geared up to hit the gym hard next week. I did put some of the recommendations in place last week, with more confidence I was at least on the right track.

I must admit, I've used the pending change in diet and routine as an excuse to have a massive blowout this weekend .

Do you think if I put the hours in the gym and take good care of my diet I could potentially lose at least 20lbs of fat before the end of the year? Not only is this a reasonable goal but is it sensible as I've read that healthy weight loss is 1 to 2lbs per week - or is this for those just dieting?

To recap on my routine, it will be an hour of cardio each week day (including 15mins HIT on the treadmill) and 35-40 mins of weights each week day.

Once again thanks for the advice and support.

20 lbs before the end of the year may be an unrealistic goal. Even in the best of times, losing 20 lbs in 6 weeks is going to be very difficult, especially if you want most of the loss to be fat, not muscle. And during the holiday season, you will be setting yourself up for disappointment. What you need to do is to think long-term, say 6 months. 1-2lbs loss per week is a reasonable goal and something that is achievable if you stick to your diet and workout regime.

Comment

You can lose 20lbs in 6 weeks but it will be mostly water some fat and some muscle.

How long did it take you to look like shit bro? Been eating like shit for awhile right? Well Rome wasn't built in a day bro, you have to be consistent and do things properly.

I have to point out something also, the fact that you felt the need to eat like shit over the weekend because of a "pending change in diet and training" is not a good sign. It really offers an insight into your mindset in that you want to look good but you are being beaten by your cravings for shit food. You should be starting now to eat clean, not tomorrow or the next day. You been eating like shit for years, what the hell you need more shit for!! As Apollo said to Rocky in Rocky 3, "THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!!"

Comment

both gave great advise I second both their posts.
        Xmas and turky day coming bro gonna be hard to realy diet.
        quote from bouncer "You should be starting now to eat clean, not tomorrow or the next day. You been eating like shit for years, what the hell you need more shit for!!" Makes great sence

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          You can lose 20lbs in 6 weeks but it will be mostly water some fat and some muscle.

How long did it take you to look like shit bro? Been eating like shit for awhile right? Well Rome wasn't built in a day bro, you have to be consistent and do things properly.

I have to point out something also, the fact that you felt the need to eat like shit over the weekend because of a "pending change in diet and training" is not a good sign. It really offers an insight into your mindset in that you want to look good but you are being beaten by your cravings for shit food. You should be starting now to eat clean, not tomorrow or the next day. You been eating like shit for years, what the hell you need more shit for!! As Apollo said to Rocky in Rocky 3, "THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!!"
          I'm a sensitive soul and ouch!

Seriously though I have had one major vice being beer. I was a real drinker for about the last 15 years, certainly up until 6 months ago I would drink between 6-8 pints per night and every night. Extremly shameful. I've stopped drinking completly over the past 6 months, and yes as a weakness decided to sink a few this weekend. But, I will not drink again, last night was it. Believe me when I miss the gym because of work and any other reason i feel really angry, more so if I lapse in my diet. So, no excuses I fucked up.

But in short 15 years to look shit.

I guess in some arsed about way I'm kinda lucky my real vice was the beer, not junk food or sweets.

Keep up the ass whooping its what i need!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
            both gave great advise I second both their posts.
            Xmas and turky day coming bro gonna be hard to realy diet.
            quote from bouncer "You should be starting now to eat clean, not tomorrow or the next day. You been eating like shit for years, what the hell you need more shit for!!" Makes great sence
            Turkey's good though right?

I was the only person who drank beer in the house so if I dont get no one will get it, so I'll be in charge of my own destiny - no excuses.

As for the other Xmas junk food if the kids dont get it the dogs certainly will!

No excuses from here on. Clean.

Comment

boss line B "there is no tommorow"

Comment

Not wrong, no tomorrow but lots of wasted yesterdays.

Once I know I'm on the right track I won't stop, I was starting to think I was wasting my time and from the info from you guys to a certain extent I was.

Up at 5am, gym. Reduced my weight on the bench to ensure I could hit 8-10 reps each set. No hot water so cold shower - great.
                off to work, I'll have a lunchtime cardio session and then I'll do some more cardio after work. I think I'm a bit OCD so once I start this routine I'll keep it up unless it kills me 1st.

Due to the early starts I now tend to go to the gym on an empty stomach, I've heard conflicting advice on this. 1st bad as you have no fuel so muscle can be metabolised, 2nd being that your body has no choice but to metabolise fat for fuel. Any thoughts?
                Also started test boosters last week as I figured I've drunk so much beer in the past I probably have more estrogen than testosterone.
                Last edited by fatboyatkins; 11-14-11, 03:07 AM.

Comment

General consensus is that morning fasted cardio is the most effective for fat loss. But once again, it is all relative. The best time to do cardio is the time in your schedule when you will do it regularly, whether it is at 5am or 10pm.

Comment

Fatboyatkins, what scrum is saying is that you are to worried about small details when you have yet to really start the basics.

Imagine a car that has 2 wheels, no engine, and needs a lot of work. To fix it up would you first worry about what type of wheel shine to use?? You must first take care of the essential bits and then worry about the little stuff.

Comment

Thanks scrumhalf and bouncer for your comments.

Patience is certainly a virtue I lack, but determination I don't.

I'll monitor my progress each week and let you know how I get on if I may in a month or two?

Thanks again

Comment

Eating less does not necessarily contribute to weight-loss whereas types of calories you intake do.
                        Exercising more will be most beneficial though as it might work best as a long-term solution rather than cutting out calories.

Comment

Working...
                        X