Update on progress from first cycle and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on progress from first cycle and questions

So I'm into my 6th week of this. Doing 250mg of Test C every 5 days. This first cycle is more of experimenting with my body, seeing how the injuries (tears) keep up with the strength gains etc... I know I should of waited to lose some more weight before I started but since I'm already on TRT I did it anyway.

I've been lifting 4 x a week 4-5 sets heavy reps, 3-4 movements per body part starting with sets of 12 and working my way down to 6. Height is 5'10 and weight is at 230lbs. I have been fluctuating between 3-4lbs gain/loss. Doing cardio 3-4 times a week. 20-45 minutes treadmill at incline at 3mph.

Diet has been super clean. Creature of habit so I eat basically the same thing every day
    4 egg whites/2 whole eggs 3/4 cup of oatmeal breakfast
    oatmeal packet 1 1/2 scopes of protein powder
    pwo shakes is 2 scops powder/ 2 tbsp. gatoraide with creatine
    21 ounces of chicken throughout (3 meals) the day with either 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal or 2 servings of jasmine rice. I will also eat Bouncers Tuna mush 3-4 a weeks. Before bed I eat 1/2 cup to cup of ff cottage cheese with a tbsp of all natural p-butter. Cals work out to roughly 2500 cals. I know I'm under eating but I am maintaining weight, but waist is shrinking and I'm growing and tightening up in the right places.

Question/advice should I continue this method for the remaining weeks, up calories, reduce carbs and up cardio? As soon as I'm done I will be switching back to my TRT doses and was planning to up the cardio and restrict calories anyway.

What's your goal on this cycle? Are you wanting to continue to drop fat? Add mass?
    Should be posting your food pics in the clean food thread I have going. If you truly are eating clean though.

Comment

Goal was really to experiment, I know I cant have the best of both worlds, so was wondering up cals gain some more size and when done then diet and lose fat, or start dieting now? This is new to me so wanted some advice. Yes I am eating as clean as above statement. Just haven't posted any pics but that is my diet to a t. Should also mention at least one gallon of water a day. Drink coffee but no sodas. .25md adex eod

Comment

I'd continue to dropping fat and leaning out....then build back up.

I'm certain your BF percentage is nothing to be proud of and not bashing you either. But finish with the cutting process and then take it from there....i do cardio 6xs a week, I run 4 to 5miles those 6 days of cardio.

Why the Adex? Isn't it just test that you're on?

Comment

Yes just test, adex just as a precaution. So if I up the cardio, should I maintain the cals especially the carbs the same? Or up the fats & proteins and cut down the carbs a bit? BF % wise, yeah nothing to be proud of but I do have a big frame, for my height and weight I fit comfortably in a 36

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
            Yes just test, adex just as a precaution. So if I up the cardio, should I maintain the cals especially the carbs the same? Or up the fats & proteins and cut down the carbs a bit? BF % wise, yeah nothing to be proud of but I do have a big frame, for my height and weight I fit comfortably in a 36
            IMO what you need to figure out is what type of fuel you'd need, for example....most will say cut carbs out to lean out, some will disagree(like me)....depending on how much fuel you need is key and reason being is that if you don't feed yourself enough or the right amounts of fuel, what will happen is you'll start to lose muscle rather than fat...body needs carbs or you'll rob your muscles.

When I'm on a full cycle, not like I am now with just test....I stay away from carbs, or keep it under 150gs a day...when I'm off or just being on trt, which for me currently is 200/300mgs E10..,my body craves carbs all day even into the night before I go to bed, otherwise I'd be flat and would lose my muscles.

Definetly work on getting fat down to low teens or lower...then work from there....you need to build your foundation before you put a good size house on it ;)

Comment

I'm keeping my carbs at just about 200 on a daily basis, any less and I feel flat and lethargic. For now I'll just up the cardio and maintain the diet the same and see where I'm at in another 2-3 weeks

Comment

I'm sure some of the others will chime in soon....best of luck bro

Comment

Thanks man, that's what I'm looking for, advice from those way more knowledgeable then me.

Comment

Meal 1:
                    4 egg whites/2 whole eggs
                    3/4 cup of oatmeal breakfast
                    oatmeal packet 1 1/2 scopes of protein powder Huh?

Meal (PWO)

Meal 2,3,4:
                    7 ounces of chicken,
                    1-1/2 cups of oatmeal or 2 servings of jasmine rice.

I will also eat Bouncers Tuna mush 3-4 a weeks.
                    *in place of another meal?

Meal 5: 12grams for protein ?????
                    1/2 cup cottage cheese with a tbsp of all natural p-butter.

Cals work out to roughly 2500 cals.
                    seems low for 230 unless your cutting

hard to follow your diet

Comment

I guess you have to find what works for you. For me I get better results with low carb for leaning out and high carb meals put me in a coma, basically forced into a nap. I don't k ow what your body fat level is but from the sounds of it leaning out would be a better choice, even if purely for health reasons. Get down to a level your comfortable with and slowly build muscle from there.

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                        Meal 1:
                        4 egg whites/2 whole eggs
                        3/4 cup of oatmeal breakfast
                        oatmeal packet 1 1/2 scopes of protein powder Huh?

Meal (PWO)

Meal 2,3,4:
                        7 ounces of chicken,
                        1-1/2 cups of oatmeal or 2 servings of jasmine rice.

I will also eat Bouncers Tuna mush 3-4 a weeks.
                        *in place of another meal?

Meal 5: 12grams for protein ?????
                        1/2 cup cottage cheese with a tbsp of all natural p-butter.

Cals work out to roughly 2500 cals.
                        seems low for 230 unless your cutting

hard to follow your diet
                        After breakfast, before lunch I have a packet of oatmeal and mix in the protein powder

Yes, I will substitute one of my chicken meals for the tuna mush

cottage cheese & p-butter is before bed. I don't know if its an urban legend or old school thinking but I've been told for years that cottage cheese is like casein protein that is very slow digestive and is good to have before bed to stave off the catabolic effect?

Calorie wise I didn't want to really blow up and gain to much since I'm not as lean as I should be so I was trying to maintain 10-12 calories per lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
                          waist is shrinking and I'm growing and tightening up in the right places.

Question/advice should I continue this method for the remaining weeks, up calories, reduce carbs and up cardio?
                          if it aint broke dont fix it. your body likes what your doing bro. keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X