Paul Dillet was such a freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    I agree 100% but i can also put myself in his shoes.

Scrum you have no idea what these drugs do for you mentally in life and in the gym. Forget about all the physical benefits. Just mentally you feel like superman, someone who can not be stopped. That feeling becomes intoxicating. Take those drugs away and suddenly you feel normal again. You see the world in a different way, suddenly you are one of those guys in the gym just going through the motions, the confidence is lost, the drive is lost, its very hard to deal with.

I am speaking as someone who uses relatively small doses, I cannot imagine increasing my doses by as much as 10 times which Dillet probably did.

In other words, Scrum, stay as you are. :x

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
      In other words, Scrum, stay as you are. :x
      here we go again. :hang:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        I agree 100% but i can also put myself in his shoes.

Scrum you have no idea what these drugs do for you mentally in life and in the gym. Forget about all the physical benefits. Just mentally you feel like superman, someone who can not be stopped. That feeling becomes intoxicating. Take those drugs away and suddenly you feel normal again. You see the world in a different way, suddenly you are one of those guys in the gym just going through the motions, the confidence is lost, the drive is lost, its very hard to deal with.

I am speaking as someone who uses relatively small doses, I cannot imagine increasing my doses by as much as 10 times which Dillet probably did.
        You have mentioned this before and I don't doubt it for a minute. The mind is a powerful thing.

That being said, it seems at least to my natty point of view that it can't be worse than losing both legs one day in an accident or something. Yeah, I'm not saying that every person who suffers such a terrible accident comes out swinging and ready to take on the world. Many probably descend into despair, drugs, etc. But I would have expected more from Dillet who clearly knows what it is to have determination, goals and focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          You have mentioned this before and I don't doubt it for a minute. The mind is a powerful thing.

That being said, it seems at least to my natty point of view that it can't be worse than losing both legs one day in an accident or something. Yeah, I'm not saying that every person who suffers such a terrible accident comes out swinging and ready to take on the world. Many probably descend into despair, drugs, etc. But I would have expected more from Dillet who clearly knows what it is to have determination, goals and focus.
          I get that things could always be worse. But you can only have the mindset of your current situation. You cant have the mindset of a guy that just lost his legs or something terrible like that.

So when you are used to such a "high level" so to speak, "normal" is no longer ok.

Comment

Paul Dillett has some amazing genetics. He put muscle on like it was nothing. I remember his back was lacking for his level of competition at the time.

Comment

Before

Comment

I like how dillet is going for the side chest pose in that fat pic

Comment

Working...
                X