Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish Me Luck

Alright guys and girls...

I have committed to a show in late March. I'm currently 20 weeks out. I have 8 weeks to keep making lean gains and then it's a 12 week race to first place in the novice class. I'll start posting up some pics, diet and training program in the next few weeks to get a heads up on anything I need to focus on before I start cutting. I am working the person sponsoring the show (it's a national qualifier by the way so it may eventually be good exposure) and he has trained tons of people including Cory Everson when she was at her prime.

I do have some lagging bodyparts that I won't be too proud of but I think that doing the show will help me in the long run. I figure it will give me good exposure to the competition and the contest diet part of the whole deal. I also want to see what my body looks like on stage so that I will really know what to dial in on for the years to come.

I'm currently at 5'8", 207 with close to 10% bf. I'm hoping to hop up to 210-215 before my contest diet starts because I feel that while my diet has been in good shape for lean gains that I have leveled off at my current caloric intake so I will need to bump it up over the next few weeks.

Give me a few days on the pictures as I'm still pretty white and covered with body hair :D (I'm not a big fan of shaving).

Good luck bro! Dig deep!

Comment

Awesome! So this is your first show? The first one's tough just cause getting the diet and the timing of the last week down is tough. It'll help a ton that you're working with someone with pro experience. Looking forward to the pics and the first place trophy!

Comment

That's awesome. It sounds like you'll come in with a respectable amount of size for your first show. Good luck!

Comment

most people don't start a diet till like 12- 6 weeks out, so good luck

Comment

good luck bro

Comment

Congrats with you decision and good luck at the show.
              Which show are you gonna do? Yesterday I received an envelop full of contes info.And one of them is San Diego World gym classic and it is about in 20 weeks March 18th to be exact. I am thinking about doing that.
              Last edited by wnabeabeast; 11-07-05, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Booooyaaaah

Comment

Good luck bro.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Bust you ass bro and don't let the judges take away your sense of accomplishment. I don't want to tell my life story here or anything but I competed for a few years at a pretty high level and it almost killed me. I was so concerned with how I placed in the shows (I wanted to go pro at the time) that when I got screwed by the judges it was devastating to the point where I didn't want to live any more. You have to do it for the love of it and accept the fact that your placing will often come down to luck. So, good luck...lol

Comment

good luck brother --

Comment

Best of luck to u...

Comment

Good luck brother.

Let's see the pics! :D

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone. I still have a few weeks of "bulking" left before I start my diet. Unfortunately, I lost 2-3 pounds over the holidays so I'm hovering around 205 but it's not the end of the world. Also, I don't have any pictures up yet as I'm still white and hairy :)...

Here's my current diet. Any help would be appreciated. I will probably stick with something like this for a few more weeks until I start cutting out a few fats and mainly carbs...

7 a.m. - 1 cup of oats blended with 2 scoops of ON 100% Whey with 12-16 ounces of water

I sip on 8-12 ounces of OJ between these two meals

8 a.m. - 7 whole eggs, 1 cup of brown rice

10 a.m. - 1 cup of oats with raisins, 2 scoops of ON 100% Whey with 12-16 ounces of water

11 a.m. - Workout (I recently added cardio back in so I wouldn't be caught off guard when I hit it hard in January etc - right now it's just 15-20 minutes of fast walking at the end of my workout)

12:30 p.m - 2 scoops of "VP2 Isolate" Whey with 40 grams Carbo Gain and 40 grams of Dextrose - 1 scoop of AllTheWhey CEE mixed with Cranberry Juice

I sip on 8-12 ounces of OJ between these two meals

1:30 p.m. - 8 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of oats, 1 large sweet potato (the chicken and oats are mixed with a few teaspoons of one of the Iron Chef marinades)

3:30 p.m. - 8 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of oats

I usually munch on peanuts and almonds in between these two meals

6:30 p.m. - 8 ounces of chicken, 2 cups of brocolli and/or snow peas

9:00 p.m. 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese or quite a few scoops of PB

The solid foods come out to about 4300-4400 calories, 95 grams of fat (20%), 450 carbs (40%), 400 grams of protein (40%).

My BMR is currently about 3300 but I have a fast metabolism so I am still just maintaining with this diet. I will stick with close to the same layout but I will cut the whole eggs out (37 grams of fat) etc and start to dial in the fat/carb/protein ratio. I'm not including calories/carbs from juices etc and I also drink 1 gallon of water in addition to fluids in shakes etc (two cheat meals are still allowed every week - Wednesday at lunch and Sunday night during football).

Please be critical of my current diet and I'll keep you posted of any last minute progress before I start my new diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X