Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Contest Diet Recipes/Spices

Hey guys -

I am still pretty happy with my diet. I am not "freaking" out to bad, YET. However, I struggle with the idea of the last 2-3 weeks when almost all sodium, aka fat-free dressings etc disappear. Does anyone remember using things like cayenne pepper, garlic, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, ANYTHING?

I guess what I am asking is are the last 2-3 weeks unbearable or did you keep the food alive with some "secret" recipes I can't seem to come up with.

Post Away - Please - Hurry :D...

Bouncer, LMG2701, JoeBigBoy, Control, House, Daf, GoYankees, Chadd77, offroad1 etc - if I don't hear from you guys I will be sending you blanket pm's with a link here so you might as well help me now :D...

If I am leaving anyone out who competes regulary (or did etc) please don't hesitate to give me some advice....

Comment

bump...

Comment

I used some sodium free seasoning for my chicken but there was no flavor to it at all. Are you doing any sodium/carb - loading/depleting?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
          Hey guys -

I am still pretty happy with my diet. I am not "freaking" out to bad, YET. However, I struggle with the idea of the last 2-3 weeks when almost all sodium, aka fat-free dressings etc disappear. Does anyone remember using things like cayenne pepper, garlic, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, ANYTHING?

I guess what I am asking is are the last 2-3 weeks unbearable or did you keep the food alive with some "secret" recipes I can't seem to come up with.

Post Away - Please - Hurry :D...
          when your that close -- why take the chance bro -- plain is best

Comment

Originally posted by house1
            when your that close -- why take the chance bro -- plain is best

Yep, I agree 100%.

Comment

I have to say that you guys have made your case :D. It would be foolish to eat anything that MAY screw with the diet. I will have to switch to fish the last 2 weeks or so because I won't be able to handle plain chicken - just something about the texture and flavor when it is all by itself...

Comment

2 weeks out i started eating my turkey and everything plain, i usually eat brown spicy mustard with it but i dropped that too
                i know after the show my body is craving salt so bad, i usually hit up an all you can eat asian buffet or something right after :dancingne

Comment

Originally posted by joe bigboy
                  i usually hit up an all you can eat asian buffet or something right after :dancingne
                  don't do THAT, you will bloat like a...I dunno

McCormick's, or a bunch of supermarket brands have salt-free seasonings, I dump them liberally on chicken breasts, fish, whatever

There's also some kind of seasoning by Emeril, I think, that I got in a large jar, one of my buddies found it for me at Sam's Club. I think just about anything salt-free should be alright...use 'em a lot, don't let your diet make you crazy

Comment

[QUOTE=go Yankees]don't do THAT, you will bloat like a...I dunno

yea i know, i meant after the evening show and everything is done....

Comment

I ate a whole pizza after my last show. And ice cream and donuts and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and......... Yep, I felt like shit. But it tasted soooooooo good! :D

Comment

You guys are soooooo funny - I post a question about the turmoils of a contest diet and all you can lead the thread towards is food I can't touch right now - what a riot :D...

P.S. No hard feelings but STFU....

Comment

I don't know how this fits in, but as far as cooking goes have you tried putting something like a tomatoe, or lime, or any vegatable, maybe fruit, on top of the chicken while you cook it. Then just throw that out if you can't eat it with the chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                            I don't know how this fits in, but as far as cooking goes have you tried putting something like a tomatoe, or lime, or any vegatable, maybe fruit, on top of the chicken while you cook it. Then just throw that out if you can't eat it with the chicken.
                            I have come up with a plan to eat tilapia baked with lemon wedges and then of course discarding the lemon wedges. I am currently experimenting with each batch of food I make so that I can find something that will make me happy.

I am sure that it is not as big of a deal as I am making it out to be but I like to be creative with my cooking while still remaining aware of the contest diet parameters. I was just looking for ideas to "spice things up" during the last two weeks without sacrificing the effects of the diet.

Comment

Well I could proabably come up with some combanations if you let me know what fruits/vegitables are out. Like with those lemon wedges add a bell pepper. Poke lots of wholes in the chicken, set the bell pepper slices on top of the chicken with the inside part of the bell pepper against the chicken, then the lemon on top of that. Can you eat mushrooms?

Comment

Working...
                              X