Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah- my "pecs" aren't that little anymore

Comment

Figure is changing a bit, at least around here in NJ it is. I know a few girls that have switched from BB'ing to figure. The figure girls in the last few shows I have been to look like slimmed down BB'ers. They are coming in pretty damn ripped too. A friend of mine that just missed her pro card in BB'ing for the last few years recently switched to figure and is doing damn good. The more muscular figure girls may just be a trend around here though so you will have to go to the shows and see for yourself.

Womens bodybuilding is over red. Dont even consider it. There will not even be a womens BB'ing section in the big shows in the next few years.

Comment

Same way down here in the FL, GA, AL, TN, MS, NC and SC area - of course each show's judges dictate the actual results they still all seem to be looking for a leaned down bb'r physique and somewhat ripped...

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          Figure is changing a bit, at least around here in NJ it is. I know a few girls that have switched from BB'ing to figure. The figure girls in the last few shows I have been to look like slimmed down BB'ers. They are coming in pretty damn ripped too. A friend of mine that just missed her pro card in BB'ing for the last few years recently switched to figure and is doing damn good. The more muscular figure girls may just be a trend around here though so you will have to go to the shows and see for yourself.

Womens bodybuilding is over red. Dont even consider it. There will not even be a womens BB'ing section in the big shows in the next few years.

Figure is the same here as well...girls are looking just like slimmer, with not as much muscle. I'm a little worried I still may have too much muscle. I've obviously lost some since my last show...LBM right now is about 124. After a show diet, it will be around 120, and I expect to be about 130 on stage. (Last show I slipped in at 125) So my question is- do I look too bulky for figure even dieted down???

I'm really just concerned with the shape of my body as a whole. I don't have really full and round shoulders from the front, and I am not as thin through the middle as most of these girls are. I have a more shapely body. So, will condition outweigh shape in the judges eyes? I'm not worried about muscle development, I'm more worried about my shape. I think I just may go online and see how I compare, I guess

Comment

I have a good friend who is competing in figure at a very high level, but she is very frustrated right now. She has heard and seen first hand that judges are going AWAY from the ripped BB look and want a softer "more feminine" look. In fact at the level 4 BB show I did in Sept last year, at the pre contest meeting, the judges told the figure girls not to flex, that they need to move with a flow and not be ridgid.

Just my 2cc, but you have a strong look about you, very pleasing to my eyes, but do not diet down too hard, it will hurt you.

To make your waiste look smaller, you need to work your side delts more. The wider your upper shoulders are, the thinner your waiste will look.

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg
              I have a good friend who is competing in figure at a very high level, but she is very frustrated right now. She has heard and seen first hand that judges are going AWAY from the ripped BB look and want a softer "more feminine" look. In fact at the level 4 BB show I did in Sept last year, at the pre contest meeting, the judges told the figure girls not to flex, that they need to move with a flow and not be ridgid.
              i have seen just the opposite. with many former BB'er girls going figure, the figure girls are more muscular and lean.

Comment

Maybe its different depending on where you compete. I am in central Florida and the level 4 show I did was in Tampa.

Comment

Maybe its different depending on where you compete. I am in central Florida and the level 4 show I did was in Tampa.
                  ya, that is what i was saying the other day. i am in the jersey/nyc area.

Comment

Just my 2cc, but you have a strong look about you, very pleasing to my eyes, but do not diet down too hard, it will hurt you.

To make your waiste look smaller, you need to work your side delts more. The wider your upper shoulders are, the thinner your waiste will look.

Well, when you look at the national level girls, their leanness is about 1 step away from a regional BBer. But, yes- you are somewhat correct in your assessment. On a regional level, if I show up as the girl who's most ripped, and every one else is much softer; then it will hurt me. I don't plan on getting more ripped than I was for my BBing show....but I'd like to.. Not being rigid/letting it flow is part of the sport. That has little to do with someone's conditioning on stage. It's all about being graceful and looking like a hot female with a bangin' body.

Thanks for your suggestion for my shoulders. I actually started another thread asking for suggestions. I just can't seem to get my medial delt to grow. It is what it is....although last night in the gym they were looking pretty decent; and I haven't even started dieting yet. I do need to pull in my shot from the backside, which will also make my shoulders look wider

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                      Well, when you look at the national level girls, their leanness is about 1 step away from a regional BBer. But, yes- you are somewhat correct in your assessment. On a regional level, if I show up as the girl who's most ripped, and every one else is much softer; then it will hurt me. I don't plan on getting more ripped than I was for my BBing show....but I'd like to.. Not being rigid/letting it flow is part of the sport. That has little to do with someone's conditioning on stage. It's all about being graceful and looking like a hot female with a bangin' body.

Thanks for your suggestion for my shoulders. I actually started another thread asking for suggestions. I just can't seem to get my medial delt to grow. It is what it is....although last night in the gym they were looking pretty decent; and I haven't even started dieting yet. I do need to pull in my shot from the backside, which will also make my shoulders look wider
                      On your side delts:
                      First, good form is a must. I am sure you know that. on DB side raises, make sure that you wrist, elbow, and shoulders are in the same plane. At the top of the movement, the elbow, wrist, and shoulder should all be at the same height.

After you do normal DB side raises, try this:
                      Lay on an incline bench that has a seat on your side. Have your knee on the seat where your butt would be doing inc press. Have the bench at about a 45 degree angle. Do a set of DB side raises with the starting position being at you side and the top of the movement, your arm is perpendicular to your body. This puts more emphasis on the first half of the movement, you will really feel it.

You will also have to use very light weight. I can do 40 lb DB with good form the standard way, but on the incline bench, I had to start with 10 lbs, to get 15 reps.

Comment

Working...
                      X