Got second place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got second place!

Hey every one, Yesterday I did my last show for the year, and I got second place. But I am not happy about it not just because of my placing but, combination of bunch of things.
    First This was the weakest show I've ever seen or been to. I guess every one is getting ready to do the nationals in Las Vegas next weekend so no body showed up for this show. My weight class only had five guys and one of them got disquaified because he won a novice overal title about a month ago and he was competing novice again and the fourth guy didn't even showed up for the evening show. So in reality when you get the second place from a three guy line up this second place is looking shitier and shitier.
    Second I've been dieting exacly for a year ok it's gonna be a year in one week. ( I started my diet last August 1st and this was my third show in one year)I've been killing myself in the gym and I made probably five years of improvements in this past year, but I can't get the show day right. :mad:
    My last show before this one was back in April 28th and I spilled over night before and I woke up holding water and yesterday because of the fear of spilling over and holding water I didn't carb up enough and of course this time it back fired and I was flat as a pancake and between diuretic I took and not carbing up enough I was super weak I couldn't do 10 push ups to get a pump and holding the poses was damn near impossible. After the morning show I kept eating and eating it took about 5 hours of almost continous eating to get me feel ok again, and for the evening show I looked halfway decent. After the show I had 12oz of steak, baked patato, french fries some kind of a toasted bread with melted cheese over it, glass of wine and some hot fudge brownies with ice cream and guess what? I woke up this morning hard as fucking nails and full muscle bellies. :mad:
    Oh well! it's another lesson learned. I am taking rest of the year off until april and see if I can put on about 7 to 10 lbs of muscle and come in harder.
    Oh and sorry guys no pictures I for got my camera at home, my buddy who was there with me doesn't even own a digital camera and my girlfriends camera's batteries died at the moment I got on the stage. I'll see if I can dig up some from on line.

failure is good sometimes brother. it wakes us up an lights a fire under our ass. like you said, learn from it and become better.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
      failure is good sometimes brother. it wakes us up an lights a fire under our ass. like you said, learn from it and become better.
      Thanks I know I am being hard on myself but you know how it goes when you put everything you got in something and at the end one or two last minute tweaks that makes the biggest difference dosen't come together it makes you angry.
      Oh, I went back to some of my old posts and I found this one. Thank god for the camers, I actually forgot how bad I looked a year ago. Well, after seeing these pictures I am not complaining anymore.
      I am sure you've seen these pictures before but what da hell... here they are again. Just scrol down and pass some of rados crap.
      http://superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/...6&page=3&pp=30

Comment

I hear you brother. Each show is a learning experience no matter how many you have under your belt. If you are able to walk away learning something that will better you for your next show... then it was a success. Post some pics up when you get them back. I would like to see the difference between the morning and evening show.

Comment

good job man! Train hard and use this experience as part of your fuel for training hard in the off season and gaining those 10 lean lbs.

Comment

Congratulations brother - I'm sure you looked way better than you think you did - it always seems to be that way for a true competitor...

Comment

Here are a few pictures and very short(49 sec) and very bad qaulity footage from the last weekends show. And I had to upload the video to youtube so I could post the link here but that made the quality of the footage whole lot worst plus girlfriendsaid she was looking at the stage instead of the camera so almost at the end she got a good two second with some decent light rest is shit.
              Oh who cares just watch the damn thing. :nerdnew:
              Ok can't upload the pictures technical dificulties(sp)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nQiEExys8js
              Last edited by wnabeabeast; 07-25-07, 11:19 AM.

Comment

What did they say you needed to work on???

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                  What did they say you needed to work on???
                  I know I was not full enough for the morning show because I didn't do enough carb loading. and I Just wanted to go home after the evening show so I didn't talk to any of the judges. Plus I know I need more hamstrings and little thichker lower back. It should all come together for the next April show.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                    You still got a wide back bro...I don't know about thickening the low back...Maybe adding some good mornings or something along those lines...The hams would look better if your legs were leaner...The width of the back is good; just like mine:D Chest is thick too...I don't remember your pics...I wish I could put myself up on stage...shit takes a lot of hard work for sure:)
                    Thanks bro. Funny, you mentioned my legs. Actually you can't see it on that video because I went through my routine waaay to fast(another lesson learned slow down the posing) but my legs were crazy shreded so I couldn't ve have them any leaner. Here is a picture, and my legs and my abs weren't fully flexed.
                    Last edited by wnabeabeast; 10-16-08, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Good job Beast - just the dedication and hard work make you a winner ;)

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                        Good job Beast - just the dedication and hard work make you a winner ;)
                        Thank you FB :nerdnew:

Comment

Your legs came in great brother. looks like your mid section could have been a little tighter but overall you look great man.

Comment

Who did you lose to?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                              Who did you lose to?
                              #39 purple trunks. here are a few more pictures
                              Last edited by wnabeabeast; 10-16-08, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X