Joe Weider dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Most of his 10 statements are utter rubbish. Replace "bodybuilding" by "weight training" and it makes much more sense.
    exactly. lol @ Peter kissing Joes ass just because he is gone now. Those "predictions" are flat out retarded.

"PREDICTION 10
    I PREDICT that bodybuilding will one day become one of the greatest forces in existence and that it may be hailed as the activity which actually saved civilization from itself." :rofl:

"In the July 1950 issue of Your Physique Joe authored the by now iconic I Predict, in which he made ten predictions for the future. Reading them today is astonishing, because at the time they were written they would've been massive flights of fancy to scientists, the sporting community and the general populace. And yet all those predictions have come true. Not some of them, not most of them, all of them. Like Alexander Graham Bell testing his first phone, Joe called it."

Comment

Rest in peace Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        Can't believe people are saying it was steroid abuse! Guy was 93 FFS
        Sad to see Joe go. He did alot for bodybuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
          Sad to see Joe go. He did alot for bodybuilding.
          You really believe that? In america everyone seems to say your great, if you made lots of money regardless of how you got there, who you used, howe you controlled the deck and manipulated the odds. As long as you made it, your great.

I actually think he just did alot for himself and the by product was a coupler of good things such as the olympia and that pro bodybuilders could have been slot better off without the likes of him and demilla.

wonder what nasser would have said but in terms of the health and fitness I'd say jack lalayne and vince gironda hold higher esteem.
          Last edited by Mr I; 03-27-13, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X