DDOS Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDOS Attack

Someone out there sure is jelly of our little site here. We been getting blasted by a pretty large botnet for days.. Millions of hits per hour just blasting us day and night. We put a few measures in place to mitigate the chances of it happening again.

They asked us to bow down... but i'm just not capable of that...

This is the type of shit we are dealing with.

https://www.wired.com/story/ddos-for...-wave-attacks/

The annoying shit at the beginning (captcha) where you have to pick the stupid little pictures to match won't be for long. Just while we are under a heavy DDOS attack.

Comment

Amazon says it mitigated the largest DDoS attack ever recorded

An attack with a previously unseen volume of 2.3 Tbps

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/18/2...netscout-arbor

Comment

Why do you think they are fucking with you bro? Any ideas who? Or just random geek fucks with nothing better to do?

Comment

Sent a dick pic to some computer geek's girlfriend again didnt ya?

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
            Why do you think they are fucking with you bro? Any ideas who? Or just random geek fucks with nothing better to do?
            probably a competitor site paying to have us attacked. it takes money and resources to hit us as hard as they have for days. it's not just for fun that's for sure.

guess our little site is more important than we thought. :D

Comment

They hit us even harder today but as you guys know...

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
                Sent a dick pic to some computer geek's girlfriend again didnt ya?
                i reserve dick pics only for your grandmother.

Comment

these fuckers are still blasting us crazy hard. my tech says the size of this DDOS would cause problems for big companies let alone a small website like this. we will win the battle though, make no mistake!

Comment

Bouncer, if it is a competitor website, then surely there must be some legal repercussions to the attacks, right? Can police or the FBI help?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Bouncer, if it is a competitor website, then surely there must be some legal repercussions to the attacks, right? Can police or the FBI help?
                      hey FBI come help my steroid site! :D

it's a difficult one with that sort of thing. this kind of stuff is so rampant and so wide spread across the world that you are kind of left on your own to take the proper steps to mitigate this kind of stuff. we are doing exactly that. they are putting a lot of time, effort, and money into an attack of this scale. they hit us with over 100 million individual "requests" (fake hits) in a 24 hour period yesterday. that's no amateur shit. we will not be defeated though I can promise that!

Comment

Haha, good point.

Still don't see why SM. I can see websites of large companies or even governments getting hit, but why a small website? Is this some kind of prelude to a shakedown? Pay us and we'll stop?
                        ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          Haha, good point.

Still don't see why SM. I can see websites of large companies or even governments getting hit, but why a small website? Is this some kind of prelude to a shakedown? Pay us and we'll stop?
                          ​​
                          if you read that wired article i posted this sort of thing is very common.

it could be a situation where a big steroid site pays to take out a bunch of other sites so they are the only game in town. (i have no proof of that.)

or it could be a simple "pay us and we'll stop" type situation. but you can never do that. because they can offer no guarantee that you won't be hit a week or a month later by the same people or a similar group.

Comment

This is just one of the companies we are now using to help mitigate future DDOS attacks and threats that are growing everyday. It's not like it used to be, if you have even the slightest weak spot you will not survive long. Even smaller sites need to be built like fort knox these days. Nothing is guaranteed hack proof but you can certainly take steps to make it much harder for them..

Good article here about cloudflare, what they do, and some of the dilemmas they are forced to deal with on a daily bases.

----------------------------------

Why Cloudflare Let an Extremist Stronghold Burn

When an internet infrastructure company was dragged into a free-speech controversy, its CEO struggled to maintain ideals that many people in tech hold dear.

https://www.wired.com/story/free-spe...ue-cloudflare/

Comment

Today has been much better, hopefully the techy fuckstains have packed it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X