Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chernobyl cleanup, 1986. Note the streaks on the bottom of the photo due to radiation exposure.

Comment

• This actually happened.

The corpse of Pope Formusus was exhumed & put on trial in 897. He was found guilty and thrown into the Tiber River.

Comment

• Birds eye view over Paris

Comment

• 2000 year old sapphire ring which belonged to Roman emperor Caligula, thought to depict his fourth wife Caesonia.

Comment

• Two Soviet MiG-29 aircraft en route to an air show in British Columbia, Canada, are intercepted by F-15 Eagle aircraft of the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing, Alaska, August 1989

Comment

• Abandoned Japanese Fishing Village

Comment

• The world's most valuable pocket watch, hand crafted by an admirer of Marie Antoinette, who asked for it to be as spectacular as possible. Valued at $30 Million as of 2014.

Comment

• There is something wrong with the way the images are loading in this thread that is slowing it way, way down. Bouncer, you may want to check on this. I've got a 200 Mbps internet connection, so the slowdown ain't on my side, and the other threads on the site that are not image-heavy load fast, but this thread is slow as molasses to load. Even by image-heavy thread standards, the loading speed of this thread is way, way too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    There is something wrong with the way the images are loading in this thread that is slowing it way, way down. Bouncer, you may want to check on this. I've got a 200 Mbps internet connection, so the slowdown ain't on my side, and the other threads on the site that are not image-heavy load fast, but this thread is slow as molasses to load. Even by image-heavy thread standards, the loading speed of this thread is way, way too long.
                    Not for me bro. Loads normal. From chrome browser on phone it loads fine. From opera browser on laptop it loads fine. Both home internet and 4g lte it loads fine. I checked from a different browser where I'm not logged in and it also loads fine.

Most are just linked via imgur so if there is an issue and it's not you it's probably imgur a little bogged down. That doesn't answer why I don't have issues though... my internet is 50mbps so it doesn't make much sense that it would be slow for you and not for me.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

• LIV do you have any problems with this thread loading slow like scrum does?

Comment

• scrum, going to post 2 images below. the top image will be hosted/linked via imgur. second image will be hosted/linked via reddit. let me know if the top image is slow for you. the images and the thread itself loads instantly for me and you have faster internet so i'm thinking there is some issue between your ISP and Imgur possibly.

Perfectly formed cubes of pyrite.

Turkish Special Forces on a night jump.

Comment

• Auto dealership using their front window broken by Babe Ruth to advertise, 1926

Comment

• Statue of Liberty in France prior to being disassembled and shipped to NYC, 1886

Comment

• Eiffel Tower Construction Tour

18 July 1887

----

7 December 1887

---

20 March 1888

---

15 May 1888

---

21 August 1888

---