This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
    scrum, going to post 2 images below. the top image will be hosted/linked via imgur. second image will be hosted/linked via reddit. let me know if the top image is slow for you. the images and the thread itself loads instantly for me and you have faster internet so i'm thinking there is some issue between your ISP and Imgur possibly.

Perfectly formed cubes of pyrite.

Turkish Special Forces on a night jump.

The top image is slow for me.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
      The top image is slow for me.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
      okay. it's an imgur issue then. i will host the images from somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIV
        My boss wearing the ring. Lucky bastard leave it to him to get to wear a real one. He also owns a local sports radio station so he has access to all the goodies.

Just for you bouncer
        massive. what's the value on something like that.

Comment

• Keith Sapsford, a 14 year old australian teen wanted to explore the world, so he snuck into a plane wheel well, it opened mid-air and the boy fell out. The photographer was just testing his new lenses and was shocked after developing the images.

It took a few hours for the plane to depart with Sapsford waiting in the compartment. Ultimately, the aircraft did as planned and took off. When the plane reopened its wheel compartment to retract its wheels, Keith Sapsford’s fate was sealed. He fell 200 feet to his death.

Comment

• Nintendo was founded in 1889 as Nintendo Karuta by craftsman Fusajiro Yamauchi and originally produced handmade hanafuda playing cards. Photo shows Nintendo's original headquarters (1889–1950s) and workshop in Shimogyō-ku, Kyoto.

Comment

• Actual hack from Apollo 13 which allowed the crew to scrub CO2 from their air and return safely to Earth.

Comment

• Costasiella Kuroshimae (Sea Slug)

Comment

• Jack the baboon operated a railroad switch in South Africa for many years (~1890). He was paid 20c/day plus beer.

Jack was the pet and assistant of double leg amputee signalman James Wide who known as "JUMPER", who worked for the Cape Town–Port Elizabeth Railway service. James "Jumper" Wide had been known for jumping between railcars until an accident where he fell and lost both of his legs. To assist in performing his duties, Wide purchased the baboon named Jack in 1881, and trained him to push his wheelchair and to operate the railways signals under supervision.

An official investigation was initiated after a concerned member of the public reported that a baboon was observed changing railway signals at Uitenhage near Port Elizabeth.

After initial skepticism, the railway decided to officially employ Jack once his job competency was verified. The baboon was paid twenty cents a day, and half a bottle of beer each week. It is widely reported that in his nine years of employment with the railway company, Jack never made a single mistake.

After nine years of duty, Jack died of tuberculosis in 1890. Jack's skull is in the collection of the Albany Museum in Grahamstown.

Comment

• Su-25 Firing a rocket selfie

Comment

• 1940's flight stewardess lights a cigar.

Comment

• Abandoned Moscow Theater

Comment

• Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Control Room

Comment

• Eucalyptus Macrocarpa

Comment

• Shark Eggs Are Translucent

Comment

• This day on September 25, 1956 – TAT-1, the first submarine transatlantic telephone cable system, is inaugurated.

Comment

Working...
                                X