No announcement yet.

Pigs Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we the people in the USA are only going to get filtered watered down info. those articles while interesting are only a small percentage of the whole story and there may be truths to any or even all of them. we shall never get the whole story only what the gov wants us to hear or what leaks out and gets to us 17th hand and has been tainted by the political beleifs of those who passed it on. i am still damn proud to be and american because itsd the same everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Instinct
      Actually, Putin hadn't announced any Russian intelligence reports about Al Qaeda attacks on US soil until after he met with Bush one week earlier. Putin isn't a very reputable guy either, as he has suppressed the only independent television station in Russia after they openly criticized the Russian government policy on personal freedom of Russian citizens. Putin then had the owner jailed. All of this PRIOR to his recent re-election. He is still a hardliner at heart.

As for the hijacker (Atta) meeting with Iraqi intelligence officials, that has been debunked by the 9/11 Commission because they have proof that Atta was in the US at the very same point in time as he was purported to be meeting overseas for the "meeting" and the evidence was false or fabricated.

Obviously, Bushlies.com IS very slanted but the facts and quotes by US government officials presented by Hawkeye above can be verified by conventional media sources listed in the footnotes (eg., Washington Post, 60 Minutes, Boston Globe, NY Times, LA Times, etc...) as well as Congressional investigation findings. A simple Google search would surely clarify these questions.
      LOL, the only "evidence" they have that Atta was in the USA at that time was that his cell phone was used during that time. How is that evidence? Anyone could have used that cell phone.

As for the quotes, context is very important. It isn't hard to find quotes from anyone that couldn't be made to look damning in the right context. Any obviously slanted site like Bushlies or JohnKerryisadouschbagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com is so suspect that I couldn't possibly take serious anything they have to say. I am quite sure the majority of the quotes are taken out of their original context and made to look as if they support or validate the website's views.

Just because Putin didn't announce it publically doesn't mean he didn't tell the Bush admin. about it earlier. Non of us will ever know ALL the data that Bush used to make his decision to invade. Neither does it mean Putin lied about it. In fact, I don't think Putin and Bush get along too well anyway and it might be better for Putin if Bush didn't get re-elected. So, why would he come out with this lie to help Bush?

Comment

Spidey,

I couldn't get the site to work, server must be down.

JohnKerryisadouschbagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com

;) :rofl:

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by spidey
          LOL, the only "evidence" they have that Atta was in the USA at that time was that his cell phone was used during that time. How is that evidence? Anyone could have used that cell phone.

As for the quotes, context is very important. It isn't hard to find quotes from anyone that couldn't be made to look damning in the right context. Any obviously slanted site like Bushlies or JohnKerryisadouschbagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com is so suspect that I couldn't possibly take serious anything they have to say. I am quite sure the majority of the quotes are taken out of their original context and made to look as if they support or validate the website's views.

Here's a link to the story about Iraq ties to Atta from Newsweek: Dubious Link Between Atta and Saddam It discusses the lack of credible evidence to support this claim.

The "evidence presented" by the White House (from a Czech government agent) that Atta met with Iraqi agents was unsubstantiated by either the Czechs and the White House's own claims, as evidenced by Cheney on Meet The Press. Do a search for it and read "in context" his response which is 180 degrees from his previous Meet The Press statement about fabled Atta and the Iraqi connection. Furthermore, the FBI and the CIA cannot find any records- video, plane ticket reservations, witnesses, etc- that can put Atta in Praque when they say he was there. Here is a link to a report by Newsweek: Czech Officials Say Story That Sept. 11 Hijacker Atta Met with Iraqi Agent in Prague May Be Wrong; 'Nothing has Matched Up,' Says U.S. Official

As for your concerns about if the quotes are taken out context, you can easily check the valid references provided in that article to ensure that what you claimed hasn't happened. The article may have collected the quotes or whatever but they DID provide legitimate news sources from where they were cited in the footnotes. As I maintain, the site was just the messenger, albeit a biased one but don't shoot the messenger just because they don't adhere to your political belief system. Examine the information contained within (from the cited references) and judge for yourself. Yeah, Bushlies.com or whatever the other one was is slanted but get past your prejudices about the site and engage the info provided.

Why can we assume that Putin is telling the truth? Have the Russians always told us the truth before? How is it that just because a figure rises to prominence in government that people assume that that person is telling the truth on matters we're concerned with? They are men, pure and simple and will lie to achieve their aims. Let's wait and see if Russia gets an economic support package in the next month or if they get subcontracts for the rebuildin of Iraq in the next few months. There is always a payoff in it somewhere. That is what politics is all about.

Last edited by Primal Instinct; 06-28-04, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jack152
            Spidey,

I couldn't get the site to work, server must be down.

JohnKerryisadouschbagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com

;) :rofl:

Jack
            I misspelled "douche". That may be why the site didn't work. Try

http://www.JohnKerryisadouchebagbuti...rhimanyway.com
            Last edited by spidey; 06-29-04, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Crap,

I thought your mention of that website was a joke, I was just trying to laugh and give you kudos. I can't believe the link you put up works!!!!!!

What the hell is that thing? From "The Lettuce" @yahoo.com
              I hear heads of lettuce are very politically active.

Comment

Hawkeye...come back to reality brother. No one is going to read a post that long. Your sources were not exactly objective, and frankly I will suggest that you get your own backyard cleaned up in South Africa before you start throwing stones in our direction.

Comment

I have seen that site before and it's pretty funny :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                  X