Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston

I scored tix for the MLB All Star game this year which is gonna be in Houston.

Anyone know any GOOD restaurants of things to do that are kind close to the stadium ?

Never been to Texas before. :)

Keiser and goliath both live there. They might know.

Comment

Dude, resteraunts are what we are known for. We have more 4 star resteraunts than anywhere else in the U.S. The women here are hot and the nightlife is good. You will have fun.

Comment

If you could get out of houston for at the most a 3 hour drive, I would definately check out Austin. Best place in Texas. Hit up 6th street.

Comment

Or if the whole family is going you can travel about the same amount of time to New Braunfels and check out Schlitterbahn Waterparks.

Comment

Yep, Where are you staying and what type of things are you looking for? As far as type of food and other activities...

I would say the Aquarium would be a good place to stop for dinner. It will probably have a long wait so be there early and look to drop about between $70-$125 for two people, depending on what you eat.
            http://www.downtownaquarium.com/home.htm

Thats one thing that comes to mind and it's right down the road.

Goliath would probably be better to ask about what to in downtown though because he's closer to it than I am.

Comment

From the stadium all the way to the theater district (on the other side of downtown) is basically one big line of bars and restaurants and hotels. actually, that pretty much describes the whole freakin' city. if you're single, check out this site:

www.vinylpimp.com

there's a lot of pics from various bars along with directions and stuff. check out the downtown bars (especially along Main) and Gatsby's in the Rice Village.

H-town has amazing cultural diversity in food: the best Vietnamese food on the planet, awesome Ethiopian, great Tex-Mex, Greek. Good BBQ and soulfood. A laundry list of 4-star and even 5-star restaurants.

Let me know what you're looking for and I'd be happy to give you some ideas.

Comment

One Word: RICK'S , quite a dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                  Or if the whole family is going you can travel about the same amount of time to New Braunfels and check out Schlitterbahn Waterparks.
                  Nope...not a family trip, it's just Stromba and the guys.

I think their hotel is right near the stadium. They all like to eat good food and they like bars where you can talk to one another instead of clubs with loud music.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
                    Nope...not a family trip, it's just Stromba and the guys.

I think their hotel is right near the stadium. They all like to eat good food and they like bars where you can talk to one another instead of clubs with loud music.
                    So, what will you be up to then? :D

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                      So, what will you be up to then? :D
                      :angel:

Nothing exciting. I'll be working extra to cover his hours at work, going to the gym, then home doing stuff around the house. I'll get together with his friend's wife one night...we usually do this when the guys are off someplace together...energize at Starbucks, shop till the stores close, find a place for dinner and a good martini, and maybe go to a club, or we'll just get together at one of our houses and try out some new recipes, relax in the hot tub and play with her great dane.

Comment

Across the street from the stadium, on the ticket booth side, are two bars that are often busy before and after games, I'm sure they will stay busy the whole all-star weekend and if they are staying at the new hotel in DT next to the toyota center it will be a few blocks away and well within walking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
                          :angel:

Nothing exciting. I'll be working extra to cover his hours at work, going to the gym, then home doing stuff around the house. I'll get together with his friend's wife one night...we usually do this when the guys are off someplace together...energize at Starbucks, shop till the stores close, find a place for dinner and a good martini, and maybe go to a club, or we'll just get together at one of our houses and try out some new recipes, relax in the hot tub and play with her great dane.
                          :bsflag: You know you're :evil: and you guys will be :smooch: :spank: :whip: :doggy: Thought I remember you saying something about a party. Might I remind you.

"Being good is not fun...I'm having a party here and will definitely be bad!"

Comment

The party is when Stromba is still home and we'll be bad together, smartass! :whip:

Comment

A good idea is to pick up the Houston Chronicle on a Thursday. They have a section in there on that day called the dining guide.

LD

Comment

Working...
                              X