Martha Stewart Going to Jail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martha Stewart Going to Jail.

She gets 5 months in jail, followed by 5 months house arrest, followed by 2 years probation and a $30,000 fine.
    Last edited by Bouncer; 07-16-04, 10:35 AM.

not to bad.

Comment

Her jail cell will probably be nicer than my house- I just wonder if she's going to a real lockup or a country club. Who is more dangerous to society? A guy next door who sells weed, or the CEO who steals pensions from thousands of people? The guy next door will always do more time in the pen.

Comment

She is going to a minimum security prison. If you ask me, she shouldnt go to jail at all.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          She is going to a minimum security prison. If you ask me, she shouldnt go to jail at all.
          Jails are full of people who shouldn't be there- I just believe the hammer falls hardest on those who are least able to defend themselves.

Comment

im amazed she got jail time. house arrest, lol. she has a 7 million dollar house

Comment

It amazes me to see a famous person in jail, I thought they were all above the law as we've seen in the past. Maybe it's because she's not an athlete..I still can't believe Jay Williams got off how he did

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze
                Jails are full of people who shouldn't be there- I just believe the hammer falls hardest on those who are least able to defend themselves.

:agree:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                  Do you mean because of who she is, or you don't think the crime itself doesn't deserves jail time? Because if it was you or I, we'd be doing the time for damn sure.

Comment

Ok I might be the only dumb as$ here that doesn't know what the hell is going on with her?? what did she do wrong?
                    ive been hidding under a rock so help me:D

Comment

Originally posted by gearjunky
                      Ok I might be the only dumb as$ here that doesn't know what the hell is going on with her?? what did she do wrong?
                      ive been hidding under a rock so help me:D
                      All's i've heard so far is that she sold her stocks before they plummited or something like that. Don't know the full story though.

Comment

Are you guys kidding me? You guys really should watch the news or read the paper every now and then. The reason she will go to jail is for lieing to investagators about insider trading.

Comment

I think she deserves some time for that....if it were any of us that got caught insider trading, we'd sure as hell get the book thrown at us. 5mos. in minimum security is nothing.

Comment

She's an arrogant bitch who never even admitted to her wrongdoing and acted as if she was being victimized. She was convicted in a court of law of committing a federal crime. The statute called for 10-16 months minimum jail time, I believe but since she has gobs of money and can hire the best attorney that money can buy, she gets off easy. To make things even more comical, she is trying to get that sentence reduced or retracted. Fuck her, I hope she gets ruined. Anyone who thinks she's a victim here is drunk. She knew exactly what she was doing when she dumped her shares of Imclone stock just the day before the formal announcement that the cancer drug wouldn't get approval by the FDA. She dumped it to save a measley $50k and knew it was illegal. She was a multimillionaire and was so greedy that she had to sell out to save a pittance in her considerable financial holdings. Then she lies about it to federal investigators. She KNEW what she was doing- She was on the board of directors of the New York Stock Exchange for years! You don't get there unless you're aware of Securities and Exchange Commission Regulations. She made money dumping her shares (while stock prices were quite high) off on other people the day before the FDA's announcement that the Imclone cancer drug would not be approved for medical use. These people didn't have the insider knowledge that she received from the founder of Imclone, Sam Waksal, just after Christmas from an inside tip at the FDA. People who invested in Imclone saw their stock share prices drop from over $60. a share to only $45. a share after the FDA announcement the next day. She deserves at least the minimum sentence for such a crime and she's not even getting that. Martha lied to save her ass from much bigger trouble- namely getting convicted on insider trading- and she should pay the penalty any of us would be expected to do. She's not above the law- FUCK MARTHA STEWART. Bitch...

[rant off/]

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Instinct
                              She's an arrogant bitch who never even admitted to her wrongdoing and acted as if she was being victimized. She was convicted in a court of law of committing a federal crime. The statute called for 10-16 months minimum jail time, I believe but since she has gobs of money and can hire the best attorney that money can buy, she gets off easy. To make things even more comical, she is trying to get that sentence reduced or retracted. Fuck her, I hope she gets ruined. Anyone who thinks she's a victim here is drunk. She knew exactly what she was doing when she dumped her shares of Imclone stock just the day before the formal announcement that the cancer drug wouldn't get approval by the FDA. She dumped it to save a measley $50k and knew it was illegal. She was a multimillionaire and was so greedy that she had to sell out to save a pittance in her considerable financial holdings. Then she lies about it to federal investigators. She KNEW what she was doing- She was on the board of directors of the New York Stock Exchange for years! You don't get there unless you're aware of Securities and Exchange Commission Regulations. She made money dumping her shares (while stock prices were quite high) off on other people the day before the FDA's announcement that the Imclone cancer drug would not be approved for medical use. These people didn't have the insider knowledge that she received from the founder of Imclone, Sam Waksal, just after Christmas from an inside tip at the FDA. People who invested in Imclone saw their stock share prices drop from over $60. a share to only $45. a share after the FDA announcement the next day. She deserves at least the minimum sentence for such a crime and she's not even getting that. Martha lied to save her ass from much bigger trouble- namely getting convicted on insider trading- and she should pay the penalty any of us would be expected to do. She's not above the law- FUCK MARTHA STEWART. Bitch...

[rant off/]
                              Why do you call her a bitch? Because she is a succesful women that is arrogant, and sometimes cocky? How come you dont say the same thing about Donald Trump or any CEO for that matter that is male. Listen im no womens rights activist or anything but I cant stand it when people talk about how much of a bitch she is, do you know what it takes to be as succesful as her? HARD WORK, the kind of work that turns you into a robot. The world cant stand to see a powerful women. How bout Oprah? I bet you cant stand her either.

Comment

Working...
                              X