They call him Flipper - Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidey

I also don't agree that Bush is a coward. A coward could not have withstood the immense pressure to back away from our course of action from not only other countries but a large contingent of the left in our own country. He served in the National Guard and records show he was NOT AWOL like Moore and some others contend. We have National Guard troops serving in Iraq and Afganistan now. Will you denigrate their service because they are not "regular army"? They are risking their lives just as much.

With all due respect spidey, there is a big difference in Being in the national guard in the states and serving in Iraq. Bush never defended this country like the national gaurd troops are doing in Iraq.

One more thing, Bush might not be a coward but you can bet your bottom dollar that when he was serving in the National Guard and the nation called on him for duty in a war that his daddy would have made sure that he stayed right here at home.

Comment

There are at least 6 Bush family members I know of that are of age to serve. None do.

Comment

Originally posted by comsquat
        There are at least 6 Bush family members I know of that are of age to serve. None do.
        Well you can say that about anyone bro. That really dosent make a difference in anything were talking about here. You can say that about Kerry's family, clinton, reagan, and anyone else.

Comment

That really has nothing to do with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
            One more thing, Bush might not be a coward but you can bet your bottom dollar that when he was serving in the National Guard and the nation called on him for duty in a war that his daddy would have made sure that he stayed right here at home.
            Referring to your comment..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
              With all due respect spidey, there is a big difference in Being in the national guard in the states and serving in Iraq. Bush never defended this country like the national gaurd troops are doing in Iraq.

The guard can be called up at any time during wartime. If his unit had been called up, his daddy couldn't have done a damn thing about it; he would have had to gone. Fortunately for him, his term in the Guard was late in the war when things were already starting to wind down. I still don't see how serving in the National Guard makes one a coward.

Comment

"Calm Down Man." Nobodys saying those who serve in the guard are cowards. Only Bush for his actions.

Comment

The guard can be called up at any time during wartime. If his unit had been called up, his daddy couldn't have done a damn thing about it; he would have had to gone. Fortunately for him, his term in the Guard was late in the war when things were already starting to wind down. I still don't see how serving in the National Guard makes one a coward.
                  Well then I think its safe to say me and you DO NOT agree on that. Bush would have never had to go anywhere. I think you underestimate the power his father had. As far as being in the national guard, who said anything about being a coward in the national guard besides you?

Comment

LOL, You all will have to forgive me. I don't mean to come off so shrill. I am under a lot of stress at work. It is crunch time and I have just a week or two to get some meaningful results so grants can be written,etc.

Comsquat wrote that Bush was a coward at least in part because he served in the Guard instead of regular army during Vietnam and didn't have to actually go over and fight. That is what I was referring to. I disagree that it makes him a coward.

Comment

Comsquat wrote that Bush was a coward at least in part because he served in the Guard instead of regular army during Vietnam and didn't have to actually go over and fight. That is what I was referring to. I disagree that it makes him a coward.
                      Do me a big favor Spidey and quote and post where I said the above. If I did I want to apologize to the members of our National Guard whom I hold nothing but respect for. I personally cannot find it.

Comment

.....In my mind Bush is a fucking coward based on his response to service when they called.....

His response was to join the Guard so I took your statement to mean you thought his Guard service was a cop-out and he was a coward for not joining regular army and going over to fight.

If I took that statement wrong I apologise.

Comment

apology accepted and statement edited appreciated.

Comment

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-19-09, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
                              damn... are your feelings THAT hurt?!?! i took your statement the same way initially. i just didn't want to jump in on this Bush/Kerry debate cause it's pointless arguing "black and white" with liberals.
                              well said

Comment

Well GT he's probably more pissed at you for calling him a liberal than at me for asking for a edit. Probably right, its not needed and said in haste.

Keiser do me a favor and quit hiding behind others and throwing stones. Thats twice this subject and its weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X