Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
    The gym I am currently going to has dumbells that go up to 130lbs, and then jumps up to 160lbs which is good.

The problem is, there is a new gym that is opening that I want to go to, and it has everything. It is by far the best gym in my city, but the dumbells only go up to 120lbs!

I only need the heavier dumbells for lying dumbell presses and bent over dumbell rows. In my opinion these two exercises are very important, but is there a way to do something else and get the same results? Should I focus more on flyes for chest and one arm cable rows for back? Are these equal and good substitutes or is there something better?

Bouncer, I would really like your input on this and anyone else that knows alot about training. Thanks alot guys, GM. This is stressing me out sooooooo much!

Pre-exhaust with another compound movement, then use the dbs....like flat bench press and incline dbs press

Do a POF super-set, using a mid-range and then a stretch position exercise

Comment

You could actually use the smith machine for the replacement for one arm rows. Its a little weird at first, but I like the steady range of motion

Comment

try to ask the director to get more weights

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
          You could actually use the smith machine for the replacement for one arm rows. Its a little weird at first, but I like the steady range of motion

I like that idea, very smart. There is no limit of weight that way. How can you fit in the smith machine turned off to the side? Woudnt your butt be up against the side of the machine not giving you enough room?

Comment

I put a flat bench under the bar and hop up, put the bench at an angle, so you have a better footing...its hard to explain, but you'll figure out the best postioning, it took me a few attempts before I got it

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
              I put a flat bench under the bar and hop up, put the bench at an angle, so you have a better footing...its hard to explain, but you'll figure out the best postioning, it took me a few attempts before I got it

I use the seated bench press at the local rec center for back rows. It sweird at first when people stare at me but its an alternative when I dont use free weights and I go there.

Comment

Working...
              X