No announcement yet.

Cordless Phone Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my vtech. I have had no problems. I have smashed it up on the wall and thrown it a couple of times and it is still going. I just saw that Uniden the other day at WalMart. I am gonna go get that one.

Comment

The Ghz rating is the frequency that the phone transmitts on. There are several frequencies set aside by the fcc for wireless communications. 900Mhz was the first frequency used so there are more phones using this range. If you are in an area dense with people (like the dorms) I wouldn't suggest 900Mhz. 2.4Mhz was the next range allowed to be used. This has been around for quite a while to so there are plenty of people on this frequency also. You can pick up any of these frequencies easily with a scanner so anyone can listen in on your phone call and it is not illeagal to do so. You have no expectation of privacy on a cordless phone. Each phone selects a channel or has a # of channels on this frequency so if you want to have better reception you might want to get a phone that has several channels availible. There are also phones availible that have some encryption to keep your calls private. And by the way cell phones use the same kind of technology so they can also be intercepted by using a scanner. Digital phones like PCS or what ever the cell company wants to call thier service use bits like computer data so they can not be intercepted using a regular scanner.

Comment

Working...
      X