Liddell vs. Couture 3.....who wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tinfish
    Well I will tell you who Vegas thinks will win.

Current odds are:

Chuck Liddell -186
    Randy Couture +171

If you dont know how this works, let me know.
    Tell me if this is right....

If you bet on Chuck you have to bet $186 to win $100 if he wins.

If you put $100 on Randy and he wins then you get $171

???

Comment

Man I have both of their first 2 fights on dvd, and its like day and night compareing the 2.
      The 1st fight Chuck was like a lost puppy.....didnt know what the f*ck was going on. No one knew how Randy was gonna preform at 205 lbs, coming off 2 losses and turning 40. Randy knew what Chuck was gonna bring to that fight, but no one knew how Randy would preform. So Randy had the advantage over Chuck.

The 2nd fight, all cards were on the table. Randy knew Chuck was gonna come at his best and he knew what Chuck had at his best.....Chuck now had seen Randy fight 3 times at 205 and knew what to expect.....both fighters came in good shape, healthy and aggressive and it was lights out for Randy....I just cant see Randy doing anything that Chuck cant counter with a left hook.

Randy likes to stalk, push the action, move forward....Chuck is a counter fighter, Randy's style plays right into Chucks hands. Randy should let Chuck move forward, let Chuck come after him and then shoot in for the double. Thats the best way to take Chuck down is to let HIM commit to moveing forward, and catch him off balance when you shoot in for the takedown.

Comment

Originally posted by BJJ PitBull
        Randy likes to stalk, push the action, move forward....Chuck is a counter fighter, Randy's style plays right into Chucks hands. Randy should let Chuck move forward, let Chuck come after him and then shoot in for the double. Thats the best way to take Chuck down is to let HIM commit to moveing forward, and catch him off balance when you shoot in for the takedown.
        Wow! Randy must have read this post....this is a copy/paste from mmaweekly interview with Randy....

MMAWeekly: It’s obvious. We’ve all seen the tape. You got out boxed by Liddell in the last fight. What have you done that you can show us to change the outcome of the fight, to not get caught stepping straight in or whatever? What have you been doing differently this time with your stand up game?

Couture: Well, obviously working a lot on protecting myself better, keeping my left hand up and in position. I think the biggest thing for me is patience. Chuck has to bring this fight. He’s standing there holding the belt, so I need to go out and establish myself in the middle of the octagon and make Chuck come to me and not chase him. Not try to run him down. Be patient, keep pressure on him, but not over commit. Not get careless and over commit.

Comment

What a great apetizer before the Super Bowl!

Comment

Guess we'll see if the training randy's done with arlovski will give his striking game for bite or not. Got a cool weekend coming up for sure.

Comment

cant wait for the fight, I think Couture/strikes/3rd round

Comment

The Riggs Diaz match will be awesoem as well...The loser has a real mid career crisis

Comment

I was watching the Spike build up last night, Chuck hands are way too fast for Randy, Randy won't expose himself or get so riled up this time. The way I see it UFC is now a take down and submit/choke/elbow game thats what works best and if its done right the stand up guy will ooose every trime. theres nobody better than Randy for the take down, HE WINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Gongshow
                    The Riggs Diaz match will be awesoem as well...The loser has a real mid career crisis
                    Riggs will own diaz. Riggs has the same style as diego sanchez. I say this ends in a decision in favor of riggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
                      I was watching the Spike build up last night, Chuck hands are way too fast for Randy, Randy won't expose himself or get so riled up this time. The way I see it UFC is now a take down and submit/choke/elbow game thats what works best and if its done right the stand up guy will ooose every trime. theres nobody better than Randy for the take down, HE WINS!
                      Chucks striking gets sloppy after he's gone the distance for a while. If Randy plans the match right, he can take advantage of that come round 3 and probably win the match.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                        Yea but Randy gets really tired in most of his matches past the 2nd round....It will be a good fight for sure...
                        Randy looked good in the 3rd round against Chuck the 1st time....went 5 rounds with Tito and looked strong in the 5th....went 3 with Belfort and was ready for more.

His only fight at 205 that went past round 2 that he looked tired in was with Van Arsedale and he looked tired after the 1st round but i think he had some injury he was trying to fight through and that was why he gassed out. Other then that Randy is the best conditioned athlete in the game!

Comment

Current Vegas odds are:

Liddell -159
                          Couture +149

late money coming in on Randy.

Comment

Working...
                          X