Been thinking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
    When I speak in terms of best, I speak in terms of reliability, longevity, construction, functionality and value.

I see these technologies inside and out on a daily basis. I agree with you on the pixelated effect, also if one of the pixels burns out, the entire LCD chip must be replaced. I still prefer DLP over any other current technology, I was just stating what I considered the 2 best technologies based on my experiences in the field of television marketing and research.

I do agree with you on CRT being best picture quality, with plasma being a 2nd. But based on the terms I stated above I dont rank these as high.

Please note that I was tlaking about LCD rear projection and not standard LCD technology. As these are 2 similar , yet different technology.

We all have different opinions of what is "best" based on what we seek in our investments. My suggestion Stomba is to go to a local dealer and demo all the different technologies. And find the one that best fits your needs.

Make sure you spend lots of time and try to see all capacities in which this tv will be used. It is a great investment in money, so make sure you put the time in as well.

what line of work do you do? you wouldnt happen to be into the calibration field would you?

Comment

Im a field rep for a television research company. I install and maintain electronic monitoring equipment inside of participants television equipment.

Unfortunately I cant calibrate these babys, but i sure can knock the calibration off!!

Good thing the cost of re-calibrating the ones I mess up doesnt come out of my pocket =-D

Comment

Working...
      X