Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAAB - Who SHOULD win player of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're sitting here talking with babyblues about maturity, this thread is about player of the year and you keep taking shots at Duke and even changing the spelling of the team name. It's like me calling you sloppyho.

Comment

I know so many have different views on this. But I really hope the don't share the award.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
        I know so many have different views on this. But I really hope the don't share the award.
        http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=2356102

Comment

Yea, I read that. It's almost like when USC and LSU "shared" the national championship. I think the fans should be taken into consideration since they are so much a part of sports. It wouldn't be fair to the fans. Should the heisman ever be shared? It's just to much PC for me. It's called a competition for a reason. It dosn't mean either is a worse person or player, just one had a more significant year.

Comment

As far as them both being selected for the USA team, I think it would be stupid to choose. They are such different players, what would choosing one over the other for a team do for the team... Nothing.

Comment

Neither one of these clowns should be player of the year. Both got shut down when it mattered. I never understood why they gave this award to the highest scorer or some other statistical reason. Why not wait until the end of the year and give it to the guy who was most instrumental in getting his team a championship, regardless of who they are.

Comment

lol, you don't think they were most "instrumental" in getting there teams to the playoffs? Yea, those high scorers have nothing to do with that, or the leadership they bring to the team, the positive attitude, the high energy... I think you are just being overly bias. The award is player of the year, not the player of the tournament.

Comment

When you choke in big games, which JJ did and Morrison never played in, how is that bias. When both of those guys have big games, there teams play like shit. How is that leadership. No one is questioning their skill. They are two of the most gifted players in the league. But there are other players who mean more to their teams than those two.

Comment

Reddick has terrible defense and won't be a NBA star.

Comment

Originally posted by red_devil1469
                      Reddick has terrible defense and won't be a NBA star.
                      Steve Kerr wasn't a great defender either, but he is the NBA's best career 3-point shooter. You don't have to be good on both sides of the ball to be an NBA star. Besides, it's well known what his strength is anyway...and that's not defense...it's shooting from behind the arc and the FT line.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
                        Steve Kerr wasn't a great defender either, but he is the NBA's best career 3-point shooter. You don't have to be good on both sides of the ball to be an NBA star. Besides, it's well known what his strength is anyway...and that's not defense...it's shooting from behind the arc and the FT line.
                        I've heard that comparison also, but I don't think he will put up Kerr numbers in the pros.I'm not sure if he is phsyical enough to last in the pros either.

Comment

Working...
                        X