For those of you with an HD TV set..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbo3000
    Yeah I am a gadget freak myself, but I want to see how the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray pans out. A dual player would obviosly be best. Sony is basically thrusting Blu-Ray into the market with the ps3, for movies that is good and for the BR format that is great. For the ps3 that is bad, the first drives that come out will of course read much slower when compared to a dvd player you can buy now. The read speed isn't much of a factor in movies as it is in video games.
    agreed. i have already talked to a few people that got the HD DVD players last night and today and the load times and such are about 2 minutes. very slow. there is also a bug with the tosiba players that turns the DD+ incoded HDDVD and turns it into stardard DTS if you have it connected via Toslink. as with any first generation product, be prepared for BUGS!

Comment

one other issue for me is the titles. there really is nothing that i havent seen in HD already out on cable. I have already seen the phantom of the oprah on HDNET Movies, samurai on HBOHD, and million dollar baby on HBOHD. the content just isnt there yet.

Comment

Working...
      X