Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

that door seems kinda flimsy to withstand a blast... know when they had it built/installed?

Comment

It's a storm shelter not a bomb shelter lol. Primarily tornado protection. The door is made of steel and is quite heavy. But it's set on a spring to make it easier to lift. It was intstalled about 4 years ago.

Comment

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it doesn't seem very big. I know that living in it is not the objective but what if there's 3-4 decent sized people in there and a large tree falls on it leaving you trapped inside for a while? I would go crazy if it is as small as it looks...

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I wish I had one myself so I'm not trying to be overly critical....

Comment

It could get a bit cramped, but if there are that many big people, I hope we could work together to push that tree off with the door :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                    It could get a bit cramped, but if there are that many big people, I hope we could work together to push that tree off with the door :)
                    :D...

Comment

Ok...what the heck is image #4?

Comment

Shibby, have you guys ever had to use it? Also, what is it made off? Cement and steel?

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                          i think that is the back of the shelter taken from the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                            Yea, that's the back of it. The smiley faces are those battery opperated lights you press to turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                              Shibby, have you guys ever had to use it? Also, what is it made off? Cement and steel?

Never had to use it and yes it's made of cement and steel. Have no idea about the instillation process. I think it came put together and just dropped in a hole. Maybe the cement was poured afterwards, what ever sounds more logical is probably how it was done.

Comment

Working...
                              X