Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting picture (Kind of graphic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting picture (Kind of graphic)

My wife sent this to me.

A woman was 5 months pregnant and her baby had serious disease and if they would let him be born normally he would die quickly, so they went ahead and made a hole in mothers belly and performed the complicated surgery. They had a media guy to take picture of the event as well. As it turned out, the baby put the hand outside the mom's belly and grabbed the sugreon by the finger.
    I think it is an amazing picture and now it serves as anti- abortion add in some counrties.
    Attached Files

That is extremely moving bro...

Comment

I'm going to print that, put a slogan on it, and give it to anyone who claims it's "the woman's right to choose."

The only thing the woman is choosing is to murder a living being.....Which I believe in most states (as long as you're not in the womb) is considered murder and is punishable by the death penalty....Just my $.02. Thanks shibby!

Comment

that picture was taken of a child having pre-birth surgery for a congenital spinal defect (spinebifida (sp?)), it's several years old and the child ended up being A-okay. the accounts i read about said that during the surgery the baby reached its hand out and the surgeon was amazed, and it showed it was alive and kicking. its very touching... it was one of the first kinds of its surgery and the surgeons had to have special miniature tools made. again, touching to see...

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
          I'm going to print that, put a slogan on it, and give it to anyone who claims it's "the woman's right to choose."

The only thing the woman is choosing is to murder a living being.....Which I believe in most states (as long as you're not in the womb) is considered murder and is punishable by the death penalty....Just my $.02. Thanks shibby!
          :bravonew: Right on.

Comment

Just to add to this...

Why can someone who kills an "expecting mother" be charged, found guilty and sentenced for double homicide if an unborn child is not "alive" etc? I will never understand how this law can be upheld but abortion is legalized - wtf....

Comment

Truely an amazing photo, but the baby did not reach out and grab the surgeons hand. Both the baby and mom were under anesthesia and could not move.

Read an account of the events on snopes.com

search "the hand"

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish
                Truely an amazing photo, but the baby did not reach out and grab the surgeons hand. Both the baby and mom were under anesthesia and could not move.

search "the hand"

I didn't want to know :) Anyways, I had always been pro choice. Now I can't bear the thought of getting rid of a baby since I have my son. I wouldn't say I'm pro-life yet. I still don't like the idea of taking away a women's right to choose in an extreme situation. But if she was the one being irresponsible then she should have to choose between being a good parent and addoption. I have some guilt I deal with regarding this issue. For most of my life I was for abortion(in the first trimester) and always thought of it as an option. I never had to make that choice and I hate the fact that I could have missed out on something as great as my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish

search "the hand"

Also, I think the message is still there. As any women who has been preagnant can verify, if the baby wasn't under anesthesia it would be capable of grabing the surgeon's finger.

Comment

Shibby - I used to feel the same way. Once my son came along I changed my views on the matter drastically.

However, like you said, there are some really strange scenarios that I don't care to think about and I really don't know how I would handle it until I was placed in the situation.
                    Last edited by coffee-guy; 01-05-07, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                      I didn't want to know :) Anyways, I had always been pro choice. Now I can't bear the thought of getting rid of a baby since I have my son. I wouldn't say I'm pro-life yet. I still don't like the idea of taking away a women's right to choose in an extreme situation. But if she was the one being irresponsible then she should have to choose between being a good parent and addoption. I have some guilt I deal with regarding this issue. For most of my life I was for abortion(in the first trimester) and always thought of it as an option. I never had to make that choice and I hate the fact that I could have missed out on something as great as my son.
                      :bravonew: I pretty much feel the same way, but I do feel that if ....let's say a woman was raped and became prego from that rape...she should have the option of terminating that pregnancy. I imagine that was kind of the extreme situations you were referring to.

Comment

I'm not going to get into a big heated debate about this but I tend to lean the other way. Although I have no respect for people who have sex without any precautions and just use abortion to fix their problems, I feel like it is necessary in many cases for the good of the child and the rest of society. Many of you wont agree and thats OK but thats just how I see it. Maybe it will change when I have kids in a few years.

Comment

no comment..

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                            Just to add to this...

Why can someone who kills an "expecting mother" be charged, found guilty and sentenced for double homicide if an unborn child is not "alive" etc? I will never understand how this law can be upheld but abortion is legalized - wtf....

Its homicide if its a viable fetus. Abortion to a viable fetus is not legal.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                              I'm not going to get into a big heated debate about this but I tend to lean the other way. Although I have no respect for people who have sex without any precautions and just use abortion to fix their problems, I feel like it is necessary in many cases for the good of the child and the rest of society. Many of you wont agree and thats OK but thats just how I see it. Maybe it will change when I have kids in a few years.
                              It will change. I was like you and thinking that the baby is better off "not existing" than coming into our world. You havn't gone through and lived each step of your babies development, creating an emotional attatchment. As a man it's a lot easier to disattatch yourself from the idea that the baby is alive. As humans we generally don't see past our own noses. But I still have difficulty thinking I have the right, as a man, to restrict a women on something I could never fully understand and never will have to deal with. It's easy to take the "higher road"(not killing a life) when it dosn't directly effect you.

(I hope that makes sense. I'm still a bit confused on what I feel and where I stand on this matter anymore.)

Comment

Working...
                              X